RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just thought I would throw this out there so it doesn't happen to anyone else. I was lowering the front end by loosening the frok tube clamps and sliding the tubes up. I got everything level, and oh by the way you can do it without a lift it is just harder, and was tightening everything up. right side no problems torqued just fine 19ftlbs top clamp and 17ftlbs lower clamp. Moved to left side tightened bottom no problems moved to the top clamp and then it happened I torqued the top fastner first moved down to the bottom fastner and as the torque wrench popped so did the fork tube clamp. There is a small crack on the fork tube clamp. I am calling the dealer and taking it to them today. I put everything back the way it was form the factory so they don't give me any crap. It is still under warranty so hopefully they will fix it. I'll keep you posted. Lesson learned for me is that when torquing fastners I will start a couple lbs less than what it calls for and then work up from there.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Well that bites.

Seen them twist from crashing but no breaks/cracks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts