RS Warrior Forum banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Ok so any high temp silicone is OK? Basically some high temp gasket sealer will work? I believe that there's different colors of silicone will any color work?.?.?

·
Premium Member
8,694 Posts
Ok just got my new CPS n gasket. Question do I need to use sealant on the gasket? Hopefully will start to replace sometime this week...
  • I used lithium grease sparingly on the engine case side to hold the thin gasket in place with the 2-hollow locating pins as shown below.
Ok so any high temp silicone is OK? Basically some high temp gasket sealer will work? I believe that there's different colors of silicone will any color work?.?.?
  • I used a thin film of Permatex® Ultra Gray® RTV Silicone Gasket Maker around the engine case slotting for the CPS harness grommet and wiped off the excess as shown below.
Here's a pic of the old cps unit . Wire's seem ok but gonna replace it anyways
  • That's the recall part for sure and the wires are fine as you stated!
Additional Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157603408125806

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Well finally got it back together. Cps didn't look messed up or any broken wires. Went ahead and replace it with a new cps unit. Just gootta take it out for a run n see wHaT happens. I'll keep u guy's posted

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Well finally got her on the road. And once on the freeway it started doing it again..... And did it a few more times on way home frm work.... Whats the next step to look at or to do?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well finally got her on the road. And once on the freeway it started doing it again..... And did it a few more times on way home frm work.... Whats the next step to look at or to do?
Wires may be cracked which is not visible. It seems all is well, the wires are ok, but in fact they are damaged and do not transmit the correct data. Better change to a new one or from a replacement kit.

181 - 189 of 189 Posts