RS Warrior Forum banner

121 - 140 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Scroll back through the posts and see the silicone job AlanH did. That with a new sensor should fix your problem. My brother went through several before he finally got one to hold up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wonder if that is what's wrong with my bike?

Hi I'm Michael and have an 2003 Warrior. Pulled it out of the garage the other day to go for a spin and it sounded terrible. Appears as tho it's only firing on rear cylinders? So thought the coil may of gone bad but after checking it's ok. Now will ck the cap ends. Have already changed plugs so that's not the problem. And my little voice was saying the crank case position sensor. But then again it was also saying the coil. LOL Anyway would appreciate any good advice i could get. Thanks mm

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Hi I'm Michael and have an 2003 Warrior. Pulled it out of the garage the other day to go for a spin and it sounded terrible. Appears as tho it's only firing on rear cylinders? So thought the coil may of gone bad but after checking it's ok. Now will ck the cap ends. Have already changed plugs so that's not the problem. And my little voice was saying the crank case position sensor. But then again it was also saying the coil. LOL Anyway would appreciate any good advice i could get. Thanks mm
The first thing I would do is call yamaha and see if the recall work has been done

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new here, but I've read numerous posts on this issue. I bought my 02 back in February this year. Ran like the beast it is. But in the last couple of months i noticed the stalling, missing and other symptoms stated here. I checked on the recall and luckily the throttle and cam had not been done. Sent her in to dealer had them both replaced about 5 days ago. Since then I still had the same problem just not as bad, but I noticed it happen at a range of rpms and didn't matter if I babied it or twisted hard. Today I checked the plugs and cleaned them and it had a stage 1 controller already installed. I went and pulled the negative wire from it and noticed it still had power so snip went the hot. I took it out on the highway and gave her her. Not a miss or stall. 0-103 and I smiled like a boss. So I'm thinking new plugs needed anyways but I think so far my issue actually was a bad fuel controller was the main problem. I'll repost within the next week if its fixed or problem still persists. Just like to say this forum has educated on this machine 100 fold. A unique beast indeed. *respect*

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm not sure on the brand, it was on the bike when I bought it and had no sticker or markings. also my bike had the k&n filters added on and factory muffler removed and replaced with a 6 inch exhaust tip. I have rode it pretty steady for a few days and so far it hasn't tried to stall at all. I will be replacing the plugs this weekend and take her out for a long run. I did notice slight missing now and then very subtle. what is a reliable fuel controller to use? only mods are the air filters and exhaust.

·
Premium Member
10,729 Posts
First off welcome to the family! Now if you can post some more info about your bike it will help us to help you. Like any mods done ,pics, any work done on it recently and such.

This is the best place for warrior info with many great members willing to help.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
part # should be the same, but does the motor actually stumble/hesitate? because in the other post you say it goes but seems to slip. to me that sounds like the motor revs like it should but the tire does not respond accordingly. just trying to clear up the symptoms.

·
Administrator
28,390 Posts
That's because the CPS (Crank Position Sensor) isn't called that in the parts materials. Its called the Pick-Up Coil. But its still hard to find. One place to find these hard-to-find bit is in Tomba's 'Popular Mods' thread.

Here's some stuff from there (some links might be dead):

Pick-Up Coil - CPS - Part Only ('02-'09): 5PX-81670-01-00
Pick-Up-Coil - CPS - Case Gasket: 5VN-15451-00-00 (see also 'Clutch Case Gasket')
Pick-Up Coil - Recall Kit for DIY: Part Number 90891-30047-00 (includes case gasket)
Pick-Up Coil - CPS: Pick up Coil Sensor.....Another recall !!!! - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums
Pick-Up Coil - CPS - Symptoms: Update on cut out problem @ 3000RPM - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums
Pick-Up Coil - CPS - Symptoms: Bike won't idle. - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums
Pick-Up Coil - CPS - Replace DIY: Crank position sensor / Pickup sensor - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums
Pick-Up Coil - CPS - Replace: DIY CPS Recall - Yamaha Parts for 26.00!!!!! - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums
Pick-Up Coil - CPS: Crank position sensor / Pickup sensor - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums
Pick-Up Coil - CPS: Sputtering @ 1900 rpm all the time - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

ALSO: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/92-documentation/180240-warrior-factory-recall-information.html

Where can I buy a cps? I've been searching online and cannt find one. Also looking for a tps

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Sensor comes with the harness it plugs in under the seat. Original wires are buried alongside the down tube. Snip the original wires at the down tube, run the new harness alongside the tube & zip tie in place.

121 - 140 of 189 Posts