RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
really crap day went to a bike rally had a blast came home and washed the wife's and my bike then while moving them around in the garage the wife's fell over and broke the mirror off never hit the floor because my bike caught it and put a big 3 inch scratch in my $450 roadhouse exhaust so had to put the stock can back on for tomorrow back to the rally, my fault but pissed none the less.. the stock can actually looks a little better on the bike but sounds like **** not sure what i want to do now become a fan of the can and sell my roadhouse or get it painted i will have decide after the weekend need a couple of days to think. did not dig in the metal just scratched the paint...just had to vent :mad::mad: because they get hot is it hard to paint exhaust any info would be helpful thanks for now Ray..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Can you touch it up with some high heat paint for the weekend and then get the whole thing ceramic coated this winter. If you see my buddy Rick at the rally with his StreetGlide with the flame paint job (and 120R motor pushing 135+ HP) , talk to him and look at his pipes. He had them done.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Ceramic's cool but expensive and unnecessary for a can and you're going to have problems painting it unless it's sandblasted. For not much $$ you could probably get it powder coated with a Semi Gloss (for around $50 or $60?) this way they'll absorb the cost of the sand blasting in the process. :rolleyes:

Don't mean to dis anyone, just my opinion...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i got the stock can back on for the weekend going to check prices next week for both ceramic and powder coat if there are any local guys around here to do that will powder coat hold up to the heat..

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Check with Rick if you see him. Now that i'm awake I'm thinking his might be powdercoat on the mufflers like rquest mentioned.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If you don't have battle wounds, your not a Warrior. Mine shook itself off of the kickstand and put a dent on the W on the left side emblem. I know the moment I fix or change the tank, I'll get another ding. It's not a show bike, so I'll just collect dents for now.

·
Registered
436 Posts
"can fan"

the stock can actually looks a little better on the bike:cool: become a fan of the can:cool::cool:
Yea, become a can fan, we need more members, become a contrarion, lead don't follow!
If you or someone else has very steady hands and use very small paint brushes from a art supply joint, Find the best heat resistant color match, spray a lil in a cup etc, and slowly touch it up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
pipe refinish

I had some road scrapes on my black Roadburner Velocity Lites. Removed them sanded them and refinished with PJ1 Coatings Fast Black 1500f exhaust system paint I found at my local dealer. It is a flat finish which I actually like Better. Stinks a little when new. Iwill try to post pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
rode the stock can to the rally today looked good but so quiet after having the bark of the roadhouse drove me crazy had to put it back on when i got home. Got some high heat flat black today and brushed some on not a perfect match but cant go with out that sound... have to live with the battle scars for now garage lights suck have to wait and see in the day light and after it heats up.. as 68ramair said
If you don't have battle wounds, your not a Warrior. LOL..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
If you don't have battle wounds, your not a Warrior. Mine shook itself off of the kickstand and put a dent on the W on the left side emblem. I know the moment I fix or change the tank, I'll get another ding. It's not a show bike, so I'll just collect dents for now.
I call those marks "Patina".....lol

·
Premium Member
7,613 Posts
If you like the stock can we can get more sound out of it. There are some threads here that show how and it actually sounds pretty good. You can always drop bye and see how it sounds on mine but it will have to be soon as I am in the prcess of selling my moded can to another member as it doesn't look like it will fit with the 330 but I have two more cans that can be modded without too much problem now that I have done one..

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the offer Christok but i will leave my stock can stock for now. I put some flat black high heat paint on the scratches first picture and went to the rally to bake it on good and liked the color. I since I have to paint the roadhouse any way good chance to get creative: did a spider web. The paint is not dry yet but you can see roughly what it will look like tell me what you guys think and be honest..

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Several Warriors running around Portland. Mine is the only one you can tell from a distance isn't an HD. Plus, it's sneaky-quiet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts