RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this posted in the CPS recall topic for about 2 weeks and nothing.....so, I'm breaking the rules by a) Double posting and b) posting a new CPS recall related topic.

Well, Here's my recall fiasco.....

I never got a chance to get the bike in for the CPS, I had this same dealer do the TPS and when I scheduled it, they made an APPT and I brought it in the day of and picked it up that afternoon. Well, now they won't make me an appt, They told me to bring it in and it would be a week or so until they got around to it. Told me they wouldn't make an appt. Well, NO WAY my bike is sitting there for a "Week or so" I told them to forget it, I'd go to another dealer. Nearest one is about 1.5 hours away but they are much bigger. I haven't tried to schedule it with them, cause I started thinking I would have to trailer it there so it wouldn't be hot when I got there and then just wondered.......

Question 1....does anyone know if Yamaha will give the the recall kit to do myself (My guess is no, but I wondered if anyone tried)

Question ......I have an old spare CPS that I bought from Yamaha of Hamilton (site sponsor) to carry with me in case of failure, Will Yamaha or Yamaha of Hamilton swap it out for the new type so I can install it myself?

Question 3....Has anyone just bought the new CPS and gasket to do it themsleves....are they available or still hard to come by because of the recall? (I guess that's 2 questions)

·
Registered
618 Posts
mine is a 2006 bought brand new. i havent taken it in for any recalls yet....really not sure if there is any except for the pickup coil....all i know as from being a person who use to do these recalls on motorcycles is that after a recall they have to stamp the frame by the vin# on the steering neck to let insurance companies/manufactures etc. know that, that has been addressed. other wise if some kind of lawsuit comes about from an accident, or something else like a claim, the lawyers dont have any other roads to consider whos at fault. (my sister is a lawyer) she is very fond of this too. sorry because of me...but shes in ohio. this is only one perspective of the situation though, others will have others. like safety or i think i remember one other member here having a close call on the highway because of after the pickup coil recall they short cutted the wiring job with butt connectors and it failed on him causing the bike to just cut off at highway speeds. take your time and find someone who is concerned about your recall rather than making a quick buck by sliding you in and out. im sure others will chime in too. good luck

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
thats a bunch of bs for the dealer to want you to leave the bike there for when "they get around to it". it makes me wonder why they would want to push it around,store it ,and assume liability for it while its there?? i would find another place to get the work done even if it meant driving a bit. i have been wondering the same thing though about doing the work yourself with all the horror stories we hear about dealers and have even thought about taking it to a local independent shop here and paying for it out of pocket because i trust the guy who would do the work

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
quote:Originally posted by condrons

I had this posted in the CPS recall topic for about 2 weeks and nothing.....so, I'm breaking the rules by a) Double posting and b) posting a new CPS recall related topic.

Question 1....does anyone know if Yamaha will give the the recall kit to do myself (My guess is no, but I wondered if anyone tried) NO

Question ......I have an old spare CPS that I bought from Yamaha of Hamilton (site sponsor) to carry with me in case of failure, Will Yamaha or Yamaha of Hamilton swap it out for the new type so I can install it myself? Maybe, call the dealer and find out. i If they say no, call Yamaha and ask nice and do not talk about there picture sizes. I believe Yamaha reimbused a few people for previous purchased CPS units.

Question 3....Has anyone just bought the new CPS and gasket to do it themsleves....are they available or still hard to come by because of the recall? (I guess that's 2 questions) I have no clue. Yamaha replaced my CPS with a new bike which came with very large pictures and leaking oil[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Because I had already done this surgery twice myself, I tried to do it myself under recall but no... you can buy it and replace it though. And you are right, you should be able to make an appointment! I was suckered into leaving my bike at the dealer once when it was still new and it came back with 100 more miles on it than when I left it... "test rode it to make sure" they claimed. I just about ripped his throat out! Never leave her! Do not give a dealer business if they won't work with you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
When mine was in getting it done on an appointment /emoticons/emotion-1.gif They refunded the money I spent on a spare which I had bought from another shop. Yamaha customer service arranged the refund for me when I asked them for some help. All went very well for me...for once!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't know about your dealer but mine is first come first serve every Saturday morning at 9 am. If yours is the same just make sure they have the part in stock and be the first one there Saturday.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by Mr_Noize

quote:Originally posted by condrons

Question 1....does anyone know if Yamaha will give the the recall kit to do myself (My guess is no, but I wondered if anyone tried) NO

Question ......I have an old spare CPS that I bought from Yamaha of Hamilton (site sponsor) to carry with me in case of failure, Will Yamaha or Yamaha of Hamilton swap it out for the new type so I can install it myself? Maybe, call the dealer and find out. i If they say no, call Yamaha and ask nice and do not talk about there picture sizes. I believe Yamaha reimbused a few people for previous purchased CPS units.

Question 3....Has anyone just bought the new CPS and gasket to do it themsleves....are they available or still hard to come by because of the recall? (I guess that's 2 questions) I have no clue. Yamaha replaced my CPS with a new bike which came with very large pictures and leaking oil[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Ok, Ok.....you're a funny guy! I'll try not to scold them for picture bloat.....especially when they are at a low moment in their life. But sometimes you just gotta do it.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by shannon

I don't know about your dealer but mine is first come first serve every Saturday morning at 9 am. If yours is the same just make sure they have the part in stock and be the first one there Saturday.

I wish, they hardly work during the week. No Saturdays, rarely answer the phone.....and now playing at a dealer near me, "When we get around to it" service! No Thanks!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sorry you are running into a problem. Not sure where in FL you are but the one I went to for both recalls made appts both times. I do know that Yamaha won't let you do the recalls yourself, as it has been tried a couple times at the shop I frequent for their customers. You can purchase the parts and do it yourself and I believe if you have the old style they will swap it for a new style. At least they did once for the bike shop I hang around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts