RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 06 midnight new in 06 before I even knew anything about warriors. The sales kid knew nothing and if I didn't find this site I would have left with a sports bike because thats all the kid wanted to sell me. The kid then sold me what turned out to be a customers bike that was just parked out front because it had work done to it and was not picked up yet. He said come back in 3 days to take it home. When I showed up there was a stock warrior, not the half custom one that was out front which he said would be mine (remember, I knew nothing about the warrior and had never even seen one before so from my perspective the one out there was how they all looked). I was pissed. To top it offmy newmidnight had crome exhaust on it, not the black one. I was really pissed. I made them take it back and put on a black pipe which pissed off the service manager at the time who made no attempt to hide his frustration by telling me that its the same pipe only chrome... to which I replied "exactly, I ordered the MIDNIGHT model, not the chrome midnight model". 3 more days later I got the bike and vowed to never go back to buy anything again.

2+ years later...

I got a nasty TPS problem and found out about the recall only after the bike is downed due to the bucking throttle during a sharp turn. I was pissed. I couldn't even ride the bike to the shop the problem was soooooo bad. I figured I'd screw the dealer who screwed me by clogging his service guys up with a recall that they don't get paid for, however I'm a nice guy and was very polite to the new service manager. He helped me file all the paperwork with YES (yam ext service warranty) and vowed to fix all the damage and couldn't appologize enough to me. He was great. To top it off he said that he wouldn't even consider putting stock parts back onso all the damage (tank, pipes, bars, pegs forks) are getting the custom treatment for "free".

Would I go back to them for a bike? Nope. Would I get serviced there again, definitely.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Hmmm, cool, was the damage to the bike considered to be caused by the failed component of the recall (TPS)..? thats cool the way that worked out! Good for you!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they took the bike apart to see if I was lying and the tps wire was not even connected! Every time the bike vibrated it would intermittently make contact and lose contact like flipping a light switch on and off very quickly. Imagine trying to ride a bike around a turn with it firing on and off the throttle and you don't know why. I pulled in the clutch and let it out which causedthe tireto break loose and I went for a slide. They deemed it a component failure which they covered to the extent of the damage. They showed me the new TPS sensors that they put back in the bike and it's got a fatter mounting bracket and the connection at the sensor is covered in resin to prevent the wire breakage.

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
Martin Burley said:
Glad that everything worked out for you.
auerrod .... FYI, that's the CPS (crankshaft position sensor/pick-up coil)that failed and is located under the left engine cover that exposes the clutch assembly & primary drive

CPS shown here

Throttle Position Sensor

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
I have heard really bad stories about that store. They're on sunrise highway and they

are theives and sob's. I wouldn't be all that proud that they are servicing your bike

with a smile though. They are getting paid from Yamaha to do this recall for a certain

# of hours labor. If they knock it out real fast, than they just made more money than

they should have. The same for the tank and stuff, Yamaha is reimbursing them for the parts

since it was recall related and paying them for the labor to your bike. They are lucky

all of that was done to your bike, they're getting well paid to do the work. You should have

gone to another Yamaha dealer if you really wanted to screw them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you're right. I should have gone to Maximum in Riverhead. Listen to this:

Crazy Freddie's service mgr. called to tell me that YES had halted the repairs on the bike weeks before and now their location in Commack is closing down. My bike is in pieces and getting shipped to their other store in Massapequa. I called YES and got the run around. "The woman handling my case would call back." they said, however its been over a week and I don't know where my motorcycle is. I'm an easy going guy and have been very understanding up till now. I urge anyone looking for a bike to A) Don't buy the extended warranty and B) don't go to Crazy Freddie's Motorsports on Long Island, NY. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another update:

Its now FEBRUARY!!!!!!! I FINALLY got to talk to someone at Yamaha customer service. I still don't know where my bike is but apparently the woman who answered the phone has begun looking to find out where it is. She said Yam halted repairs on the bike until pictures were taken of the damage. Thats it. ..Some F*cking pictures... Seriously... I brought it in to the shop in October... Its Feb... Seriously.. just because Crazy Freddies can't take pictures. I hope I get to ride this year.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If it was me the first day it was warm enough to ride i would call my lawyer. Might take alittle money but i'm sure you will get your bike back very quickly. Or sue and buy 2 or 3.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my bike back. 6 1/2 months after dropping it off for the work. It gets worse.

Megan, the receptionist at Yamaha public relations in California, began making up stories about the progress of my bike rather than transfering me to the woman Deanna who was handling my case. I was told it was being fixed and it would be done soon. That was in March. I waited until April. I called. Megan told me Deanna wasn't in, I left a message. I did that every day for a week. Finally I demanded to speak to a supervisor or manager and Megan told me that I wasn't allowed to do that. Within an hour Deanna was calling me back. I explained the situation to Deanna who confirmed that she knew nothing of my bike and wondered why I was calling her. I LOST IT ON HER!!!! I calmed down and explained every detail of the account up to this point to her. She admittedly said "Why would Megan tell you that?" and at one point she whispered "oh ***" when I was telling her about all the things she should have known up to this point about what has happened to me.

That got the ball rolling and she then contacted Crazy Freddy's, who never had my bike in their shop, and they shipped the bike to the service department for a new estimate of damages. A week went by and she never called me like she promised. I called about 15 times that week and left messages every day. 9 days later I left another message stating that since I have no confirmation on where my bike is located I am contacting the police in NY and California and reporting a stolen bike and listing her name in the report. She called back an hour later. She said that the parts were overnighted and it would be done in 3 days and that I need to go down and sign a release paper.

I went down and read the paper I was supposed to sign. It was a liability waiver freeing yamaha of any further matters relating to this incident. I asked to see the bike before signing the paper and they said no. I refused to sign the paper and pointed out that the parts list included in the document only fixed the tank, exhause and 2 levers but did not address the bent fork, bent handlebars and risers, the front fork seal, the front brake and the forward control which got road rash. They then agreed to take me to see the bike. I pointed out everything I just mentioned and they really couldn't believe that the guy who wrote up the damage missed all of that. I had them make a new parts list and fax it to California. It was approved by Deanna the next day and I got a call a week later that the bike was done. The end. Oh, and I asked them to inspect the bike and they didn't. There's way more that went into this but for typings sake I summed it up best I could. Anyone up for a ride?

Brad

·
Registered
668 Posts
Dude...I don't even know what to say to all of that. It's incredible. You handled it pretty well, and better than I would have. Ride it carefully, and I hope that everything was fixed correctly. Maybe get it inspected somewhere else for your own safety.

I constantly hear this about Yamaha....that they consistently make good products, but on the rare occasion where they slip up, they totally fail at making it right, or taking care of the customer. We're out in the wilderness. If their bikes broke down often like old Harley's, Yamaha would be out of business for failing to make it right. At least when a Harely breaks down, the customer service people usuallytry to make it right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts