1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2005 Warrior.
Lovely bike.
I'm looking all over the place like crazy the transmissions middle shaft: 5PX-1755A-00-00

I've tried to order via multiple dealers, and they all cancel my order.
Some cancel quickly (1-2 days), some have taken months to cancel.

Anybody have an idea where I can get this part?
Even if it is used.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!
It's the only thing missing to get this bike back on the road.

·
Premium Member
8,980 Posts

·
Administrator
5,931 Posts
I did the upgrade on my 05 Warrior. I put an 07 middle drive shaft in my transfer case with no problems. Alanh linked the thread where i got the idea to do mine. I hope newer middle drive shafts are easier to get these days.

Reactions: aj-speed-five

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FYI ... Partzilla shows the early P/N 5px-1755A-00-00 In Stock
Yeah I know.
They are one of the online stores that accepted my order, yet later cancelled stating the part is discontinued.

But thank you for checking!
Trust me, I've clicked in stores all over the globe.

I'm going to check that conversion mentioned... that might be the best viable option.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
It is also worth giving partzilla a call physically and have them search their inventory all over. Also have them check Japan.

·
Premium Member
8,980 Posts
Yeah I know.
They are one of the online stores that accepted my order, yet later cancelled stating the part is discontinued.

But thank you for checking!
Trust me, I've clicked in stores all over the globe.

I'm going to check that conversion mentioned... that might be the best viable option.
Here you go: 2002-2009 Yamaha RoadStar Warrior 1700 PRIMARY CHAIN & GEAR SHAFT TRANSFER CASE
  • This is the Early Middle Shaft for model years '02-05'. The telltale is the narrow bearing shoulder and pulley retaining nut :) ... that's the hardened spacer collar behind the nut.

Here's a comparison of Early & Late Middle Shafts:

• Upper 2002-2005 Middle Shaft with narrow bearing shoulder
  • Lower 2006 & Later Middle Shaft with wider bearing shoulder

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,312 Posts
Here you go: 2002-2009 Yamaha RoadStar Warrior 1700 PRIMARY CHAIN & GEAR SHAFT TRANSFER CASE
  • This is the Early Middle Shaft for model years '02-05'. The telltale is the narrow bearing shoulder and pulley retaining nut :) ... that's the hardened spacer collar behind the nut.

Here's a comparison of Early & Late Middle Shafts:

• Upper 2002-2005 Middle Shaft with narrow bearing shoulder
  • Lower 2006 & Later Middle Shaft with wider bearing shoulder
@alanh, I love your posts! They are so well thought through and detailed, this is what I strive to do, I just don't have as much technical knowledge or photos to work with. Just wanted to let you know.

For the link to the part on eBay, just letting you know that I pieced together that all the parts that guy is selling appear to be coming from an '05 Midnight. This shaft further reinforces that conclusion.

Thank you so much for sharing this info!

·
Premium Member
8,980 Posts
@random_guy ... Yes, I'm quite aware that it's an '05' Midnight that's listed on Ebay and that his listing '02-09' is misleading as, you know, some parts differ & thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@alanh thank you!!!!
I ordered via eBay that listing.
I knew it wasn't going to show up with the part number, yet you nailed the search.

Will keep everyone update, as this is the only thing missing so I can bolt up the bike and have her running again!!
Thank you everyone!

·
Premium Member
8,980 Posts
@aj-speed-five .... This early thread might be of interest to you. Be sure to open all the Links/url's within the various referenced threads.
Take note of the proper direction that the pulley spacer is installed as suggested by this writer else you'll have a Pilot's Error caused leak @ the Front Pulley which is mistakenly diagnosed as an Outer Seal Leak!

Pulley-Brg Collar Middle Shaft

The Collar is corrected assembled on the Ebay Photo shown below :)
gl

·
Registered
634 Posts
@alanh thank you!!!!
I ordered via eBay that listing.
I knew it wasn't going to show up with the part number, yet you nailed the search.

Will keep everyone update, as this is the only thing missing so I can bolt up the bike and have her running again!!
Thank you everyone!
Did you score the shaft? If not I have a middle shaft out of my '02. I replaced it because I had a slight wiring sound coming out of my Xfer case. With an abundance of caution I replaced all the components, bearings et al. So I have a middle shaft that looks completely normal, w/ the gears....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh how I know your frustration. This is what I did to resolve my issue and thanks to @Heftysmurf for the assist. I purchased the entire transfer case that contains your Middle Drive Shaft. Part 5PX-1755A-00-00. Turned out to work perfectly. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Oh how I know your frustration. This is what I did to resolve my issue and thanks to @Heftysmurf for the assist. I purchased the entire transfer case that contains your Middle Drive Shaft. Part 5PX-1755A-00-00. Turned out to work perfectly. Good luck!

I hope you are finally getting to enjoy your baby.
Seems like this middle drive shaft might become a future problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I absolutely am without question. Let me know when you’re free to go ride some!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts