RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 months ago I started hearing a creaking noise from my forks when they get compressed about 45% or more. Not sure what would cause this, I have less than 10k on the bike, altho as many of you are aware I have had some rather bad luck ( or unbelievable good luck depending on how you look at it). If any one has any ideas, questions, comments or funny stories I am all ears.

·
Administrator
29,683 Posts
As you know, sometimes a build-up of crud on the lower fork at the tube seals can make this sound so maybe wash with soap and water and dry, and then sit on your bike and bounce to compress the fork as much as possible a few times. The advise worked for me after last winter. But I was also told that if this doesn't work you'll want to check your fork fluid. Usually if one fork leaks the front end still sits level because of the springs butyou feel it want to turn when the front tire hits a bump. But its probablyjust crud.

Mentalcase said:
About 2 months ago I started hearing a creaking noise from my forks when they get compressed about 45% or more. Not sure what would cause this, I have less than 10k on the bike, altho as many of you are aware I have had some rather bad luck ( or unbelievable good luck depending on how you look at it). If any one has any ideas, questions, comments or funny stories I am all ears.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
mine developed the same noise around 10K miles. esp under hard front brakeing. the front wheel bearings gave up the ghost around 28K miles, but the creaking noise was still there when I sold the bike at 38k miles. mine sounded to be more in the headstock, but there was no bearing play in the steering head. I just chaulked it up to " a sound" and rode.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mentalcase said:
Did you have the forks pulled apart and checked after you took out the curb?

....and no I didnt,I just pulled the neck bearings out because I had some slack, so I cleaned and repacked. The bike handles fine and it only does it when I bounce on it real hard. I could hear it going down the road if I wanted to. Also, the forks are clean.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Did someone say Bent Forks, hey I got some of those.

Sorry I'm really not much help with weird noises.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts