RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few of you guys have cruize on your rides. I took a long ride this past sunday and my wrist isn't feeling the greatest. I hade pins put in last year from getting bucked off a dirtbike. I was wondering where you guys goy them and what's involved in installing it.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
got mine herehttp://www.brakeawayproducts.com/ really nice installs in 30 minutes. instructions are on there web site. check it out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i agree it look cool, just seems kind of expensive. can get cheaper ones that don't have automatic shutoff from any catalog like JP performance.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I love my brakeaway... I broke my right hand about 15 years back and have a little trouble with it now and again. It really makes long distance cruising a bit more enjoyable... No more sore hand(s). Now if I can just get rid of that pain in the a$$ seat...

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I love mine too and once you part with your money, you forget about it, but you will never get tired of the cruise control.

·
Registered
82 Posts
does this cruise control work if you have after market grips or bar on your bike
or not because i got the double t bars from yahama with after market grips

·
Registered
438 Posts
I saw a cruise control device at Datona this year that looked like the round round part of the brakeaway without all the square mounting parts. did anyone else see it and if so can you tell me were i can get it. it worked more with a ratcheting action. they wanted about three fifty for it and i got cheap an passed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Warriorone, it's most likely the Vista Cruz throttle lock that you saw. You can get one from cycle parts west I believe.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Okay, there are cheaper routes, but that Brakeaway 1. looks sweet 2. obviously is made extremely well 3. works perfect

I dont have it, but from everything i have seen and hear, i want it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
warstar,although I do think the breakaway looks better,I have a universal vista cruz(around $30)works great.I cannot ride very far without my wrist throbbing.vista cruz has a lever like a light switch,up is on ,down is off,the trick is to keep the tension just enough hold the throttle,you can always twist the throttle off easily.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dang it, $200 bones for a manual cruise control. Whew boy, I'm a working class stiff. Thats a little steep for me. Hey, will the vista cruise work with kuryakyn grips?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Another possibility is made by jcwhitney for $109. Runs off engine vacuum. I'm putting one on my Suzuki dl-1000. Haven't decided about the warrior. Doesn't matter about the size of the grips.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=4950&BQ=jcw2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts