RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Administrator
27,870 Posts
A.
Please edit the Original Post to clean-up the early selection process and clarify exactly what design and what coating these 10 will actually be. For example, the early posts quote prices for powder coating 10 units but its not clear if all 10 members involved here want powder coat. It doesn't appear you can get ten covers with some powder coat and some anodized and maintain the price quotes. If you can then also freshen-up the buyers list showing what each is saying they want to buy and the price etc.

B.
Please re-organize payment in accordance with the Group Buy rules. Members must pay direct to the vendor/manufacturer. The Group Buy manager cannot accept payment except in certain rare cases, all of which require moderator approval and there are no indications here that members cannot just as easily pay direct in this Group Buy. Its nothing personal, its been a rule here always.

Have a look at the Group Buy portion of the Forum Rules and see if you have the numbers (10) to get the price, and if all members have said they want the same item coated all the same way, and if the manufacturer can accept payment. Its always possible in cases where a maker will not accept individual payments that members here might suggest an alternative vendor. Its happened in the past, successfully.

If the maker simply cannot accept direct payments and there is no other vendor, then PM me the maker's contact info and I'll contact, then will see if can sign-off on it. Just so its out there, usually it only happens when (for example) the parts come-in from a number of separate vendors and have to be assembled into kits or into components. Some dry breaks, exhausts, and such have gone this way. This Group Buy doesn't need that.

·
Administrator
27,870 Posts
Tapeworm, no worries brother.

All, I spoke with the business owner and have communicated to the Forum. With regard to payments in this specific Group Buy, the manufacturer does not have a convenient method of accepting individual payments for single-run orders. The conversation clarified the issue and its all good. This makes this a non-standard Group Buy.

Posted prices are:
$85.00 raw shipped in the cont U.S.
$99.50 powdercoated shipped in the cont U.S.

The Group Buy OP (Tapeworm) has successful purchasing history with the business.

We need to clarify shipping from the manufacturer. Will the manufacturer ship to each individual member or to the OP (Tapeworm)? In either event, is shipping still included? I gather shipping from the manufacturer to Tapeworm is included. What about from Tapeworm to each buyer?

If the price includes all shipping to each buyer, then it is approved to proceed. This means Tapeworm would receive paypal payments from members, place the order with the manufacturer and pay for it in-full, and track production. If he also receives all items then he will also ship each paid buyer's items asap without added cost to buyers. In the event any member does NOT pay the OP then the OP can make it known in this thread (with no time-delay requirement) that the un-claimed parts are available for sale inside this Group Buy thread for the same price/terms.

>>> If the price does NOT include all shipping then lets figure that out before proceeding. <<<

We have done what we can to protect buying members, so just a reminder that the Forum is NOT responsible for outcomes:

5G. Responsibility for Using Classified Ads:
The person posting the ad is completely responsible for its content and members are completely responsible for making their own buying and selling decisions. Forum moderators will help as able however the Forum and moderators cannot be responsible for the outcome of any Marketplace ads or other transactions.

Please work-out the shipping mentioned above before proceeding. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The price includes shipping with tracking and insurance and I will be picking them up and shipping them myself as soon as they are done! ;)

Tapeworm, no worries brother.

All, I spoke with the business owner and have communicated to the Forum. With regard to payments in this specific Group Buy, the manufacturer does not have a convenient method of accepting individual payments for single-run orders. The conversation clarified the issue and its all good. This makes this a non-standard Group Buy.

Posted prices are:
$85.00 raw shipped in the cont U.S.
$99.50 powdercoated shipped in the cont U.S.

The Group Buy OP (Tapeworm) has successful purchasing history with the business.

We need to clarify shipping from the manufacturer. Will the manufacturer ship to each individual member or to the OP (Tapeworm)? In either event, is shipping still included? I gather shipping from the manufacturer to Tapeworm is included. What about from Tapeworm to each buyer?

If the price includes all shipping to each buyer, then it is approved to proceed. This means Tapeworm would receive paypal payments from members, place the order with the manufacturer and pay for it in-full, and track production. If he also receives all items then he will also ship each paid buyer's items asap without added cost to buyers. In the event any member does NOT pay the OP then the OP can make it known in this thread (with no time-delay requirement) that the un-claimed parts are available for sale inside this Group Buy thread for the same price/terms.

>>> If the price does NOT include all shipping then lets figure that out before proceeding. <<<

We have done what we can to protect buying members, so just a reminder that the Forum is NOT responsible for outcomes:

5G. Responsibility for Using Classified Ads:
The person posting the ad is completely responsible for its content and members are completely responsible for making their own buying and selling decisions. Forum moderators will help as able however the Forum and moderators cannot be responsible for the outcome of any Marketplace ads or other transactions.

Please work-out the shipping mentioned above before proceeding. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I have a couple people who have not paid. If you want to get in on this group buy I still have a few left.

If all goes well, they are looking to be done at the end of this week or first thing next week. Then those who are having them done go to powder coat.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
For those getting the covers powdercoated they have been sent. He is finishing up getting the others looking sweet! Shouldn't be long now!

He also made extra since I didn't hit my goal of 10 figuring that people would change their minds. So...let me know if you want one!

41 - 60 of 97 Posts