RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
royale5 said:
I just went to the dealer to look at the difference in stock cable lenths but they didn't have any in stock!

From looking at the dimentional difference in the stock pullback & rise between the different years, I would guess the lenth is about 1"-1.5" shorter on the 02-03 model.

Looking at the 05 stock bars vs. the bomber bars (what I have) I would guess I will need to go with custom length cables. There is a difference of 8.5"!! When I do the math it is no wonder I have a big hoop of cable sticking out past the bars. Unless the 02-03 cables are more than 3" shorter I thinkg it is best for anyone with bomber bars to get custom cables.

royale5 ....recent experience with early and late cables for my ‘04’ dealing with the Cable Dept @ Barnett.
Based on the info & correspondence shown belowI subsequently ordered the early cables from Phat Performance without paying for shorter custom cables which worked out just fine for my ride!

[*]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2797/4104263237_3e3b3d155e_o.jpg[/list]

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 8:50 AM

Hello Aan,
part# 102-90-30008 is 2" shorter than 102-90-30012 and part# 102-90-40008 is 1" shorter than 102-90-40012. The fittings are the same. Best regards..................
AlanH said:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Cable Lengths
Date: Tue, July 07, 2009 4:30 pm
To: <[email protected]>
Attn: Cable Dept

I am an owner of a 2004 Yamaha Road Star Warrior that requires shorter throttle cables since changing the risers and handlebar.

I know the 2002-2003 model year uses shorter cables from the factory because of the longer set-back handlebar on model years 2004 & up. Can you please tell me how much shorter the early cable is based on the enclosed Barnett P/N's.
The cable ends remained unchanged on all years

Your cooperation will be very much appreciated1700 Road Star Warrior- 2002-03
102-90-30008 Throttle (Pull)
102-90-40008 Throttle (Push)

1700 Road Star Warrior- 2004-09
102-90-30012 Throttle (Pull)
102-90-40012 Throttle (Push)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Alan, you are the man, that clears up alot of questions. I think I will end up going with custom length cables from Barnett.

Jon

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay I am going to try and be smart here, yes that does hurt me. (all laugh)

I am looking at getting BR Custom Cycle Drag Bars: http://www.brcustomcycles.com/Chopper___Drag_Bars.php, nope I don't know how to do HTML either (all laugh more)

The 1 1/4" Meanstreaks are what I am looking at. Yes I searched the site and no luck. This thread seems the closed to posing the questions and getting answers I need.

If I go with The Yamaha TT bars diminsions I will have plenty of cluth & throttle but need new electric? If I shorten up the Pullback I could be safe if I only change the rise to 6"? The width, as I read the post, I should take into 33" or 33 1/2'?

thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Stock yami clutch cable = 1308mm inner cable length [plus or minus couple of mm]...the outer depends on too many variables...eg...how we judge the centre length...done up tight?..before measuring outer length?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I need to revive this post because I believe I have a 2004 clutch cable that has a sheath length of 48 3/8". The part number was 5PX-26335-10-00 and is now superseded by part number 5PX-26335-20-00 which is for '04 and '05. For '06-'09 the part number is 5PX-26335-30-00. What are the differences between the '04-'05 and '06-'09 clutch cables?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had to get rid of the T bars that came with the bike ( played havoc with my RA in my right wrist. So I decided to go with a set of 8” high Harley bars and 4 1/2” curved risers. I found that I had to change the route of the throttle cables which was the only problem I have. I went looking for +2 clutch cables, but turned up zero. The standard one works ok, but just wanted a bit extra play. The width of the bars are 34/35 inches.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like 'em. Does that resulting grip angle solve your RA issue or just make it tolerable?
Hey AZ, nah it resolved it, which now only leaves my butt/back lol. The bars didn’t have holes for internal wiring, but I’m old old school so having wiring outside the bars don’t bother me. I was at the shop where the old girl is waiting for her starter motor and clutch cables. Had a problem with the loaner. Any way the young guy working service on the weekends asked if I’d like to see the girl. Despite the health work and safety bullshit he took me to her. He gave me a face mask to which I asked why. He said just put it on Bob humour me. So I said okay and walked in where she was. He had made a makeshift mask for her. Neither of us had our mobile phones on us( as it would have been a classic photo ) but I thought that was a nice gesture lol. There is hope for the younger generation yet??

21 - 29 of 29 Posts