RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have searched the download section for a map that might fit what i have and am unsure if i should download an available map or have a custom map done. For those who have knowledge in this area please opine. below are my current and future mods.Please let me know if any more info is needed. thanks in advance

PR BAK

AIS block offs

Dyna DC2-1 coils

7mm wires

NGK iridium plugs

custom 2.5" twin pipes w/out baffles

·
Registered
228 Posts
Your best bet is a custom map. Everyones bike is different and responds differently. There can be huge changes in fuel just from one elevation to another. I have two Warriors. On one Warrior I am running Amspros map and loving it, though I am going to be getting my own custom map in the spring. My other bike I had a custom map for it and it came alive. Though it was an uncommon pipe I was running. If you have the $$$ for a custom tune I would def go that route, if not download a map that is close to your mods and elevation. Just keep an eye on the plugs and don't run too lean.

·
Registered
143 Posts
sacul19 said:
Your best bet is a custom map. Everyones bike is different and responds differently. There can be huge changes in fuel just from one elevation to another. I have two Warriors. On one Warrior I am running Amspros map and loving it, though I am going to be getting my own custom map in the spring. My other bike I had a custom map for it and it came alive. Though it was an uncommon pipe I was running. If you have the $$$ for a custom tune I would def go that route, if not download a map that is close to your mods and elevation. Just keep an eye on the plugs and don't run too lean.

+1 You can get it close with a download, but you cant beat having a custom map. I used a downloaded map then got a custom one done, and what a difference it made.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input guys. i will take your advice. now i just need to find a place in west michigan that can handle that assignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts