RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me what size wheel i should get for ME880 REAR 210/50-17. i had one on the stock wheel and it just went to fast. i like how the 210 looks over the others out there..... thanks!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
the tire will run out the same regardless. and the ME880 is the only 210 out. Basically your choices are 240 and above or 200 and below

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
You only have enough room on the original swingarm for a 210. Changing the wheel width would also alter your hub position.
Though it would be possible to add another 1/2" in width to the wheel, cost wise it would be better to upgrade to a 240 swingarm and wheel width.
The 210 has a history of short life on our OE wheel.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Guys.. Where are you getting this .
While I agree upgraing to 240 is the way to go .. He's asking about 210..

I'm not sure the exact stock width .. I think it's 6" so another 1/2" would be a rounder profile on the 210.. That's what kills it.. On the stock wheel its egg shaped

Kyle

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MacWarrior

Guys.. Where are you getting this .
While I agree upgraing to 240 is the way to go .. He's asking about 210..

I'm not sure the exact stock width .. I think it's 6" so another 1/2" would be a rounder profile on the 210.. That's what kills it.. On the stock wheel its egg shaped

Kyle

Kyle hit it right on the head. The 210 needs another 1/2" wider rim. The stock Warrior rim is 6", I believe. I think I saw in on the Metzler website, they recommend mounting the 210 on a 6.5" wide rim. Don't quote me on that, though.

Incidentally, you could have your wheel widened 1/4" on each side, keeping the same 17" diameter for $400. Then, you'd have a longer wearing 210, with no need for any swing arm modification.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by REGAL1

can someone tell me what size wheel i should get for ME880 REAR 210/50-17. i had one on the stock wheel and it just went to fast. i like how the 210 looks over the others out there..... thanks!!!

Unless you are looking to upgrade to a 240+, I would stick to the stock wheel. Your choices are the 200 or the 210 for the stock wheel. It doesnt make sense to drop the coin on a new wheel just to fit a 210.

Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I probable would (will) drop some coin. I don't like how the 240's look. Thanks for answering my ? guys...

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by REGAL1

I probable would (will) drop some coin. I don't like how the 240's look. Thanks for answering my ? guys...

They look good, but youre going to have to modify the rear swingarm to fit it. Youre looking at a couple grand when its all said and done. Search for 240 kit in the galleries and you will see a ton of pics. They look good, but they cost some serious money.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts