RS Warrior Forum banner

Custom wheels

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  orionbrian 
#1 ·
Has anyone come across or know of a good place to find custom wheels? i would like some chrome spokes or a slasher style wheel. there are a few places(AAA chrome) that will chrome your own wheels for about $500 a set but i would like something other than stock

thanks

#6 ·
but then again, if you spend that kind of dough, you can be sure that not to many Warriors will be out there running with those same mags.. but also, you won't see to many running chromed stockies!!

#7 ·
The problem with aftermarket wheels is the size. No one makes a 17" x 6" wheel. The front is no problem but forget about the back. I looked and looked. If you find one let me know. I have spoken with a number of manufacturers that tell me that they MAY design on this winter. I'm not holding my breath. I had a bunch of pieces chromed (including the wheels) and I'll run with that for now.

P.S. If anyone reading this has their stock wheels chromed you must tell the platter to keep the wheels in the copper dip for an extended period of time. This will fill in the tiny holes in the pores stock aluminum. My platter did this and the results are outstanding.

#9 ·
I just received this reply to an email I sent to Performance Machine:

"We aren't making our rims for the Yamaha Road Star Warrior but there's a local customizer who is. His name is Jeff Palhegyi of Palhegyi creations. Their number is (619)579-2992. Give him a call. they can get those rims on your Warrior.

Thank you for your interest in Performance Machine Products."

#10 ·
quote:Originally posted by EDB

The problem with aftermarket wheels is the size. No one makes a 17" x 6" wheel. The front is no problem but forget about the back. I looked and looked. If you find one let me know. I have spoken with a number of manufacturers that tell me that they MAY design on this winter. I'm not holding my breath. I had a bunch of pieces chromed (including the wheels) and I'll run with that for now.

P.S. If anyone reading this has their stock wheels chromed you must tell the platter to keep the wheels in the copper dip for an extended period of time. This will fill in the tiny holes in the pores stock aluminum. My platter did this and the results are outstanding.
saw your pics, and that looks bad fukkin asss!!! I'll be doing that instead of polishing them this winter. i was going to do the polishing myself this winter and save myself a bundle, but then i think of all the polishing i will have to do after just to mantain it. the looks of yours seems well worth the money. by the way, how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.