RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have looked on this site for info but have had no luck, does anyone know if the later style luggage rack for this back rest will work with the 02-03 with a couple of holes drilled?

·
Administrator
30,096 Posts
The rear fender's side stays are idential all years and have exactly the same bolt hole pattern. I believe the trouble is the height to clear the passenger seat under the backrest pad. I don't believe space exists to raise the side brackets enough. The pad could be raised however the screw mounts are fitted internally at the mount points only, the rest isn't strong enough to hold over time. Additionally, I believe the '04+ passenger seat would be a tighter fit side-to-side, which could be the real challenge.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
It will bolt on either the 02- 03 or the 04 and above with no problem at all . If you are want you can put it under the Fender stays .

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
garnerwarrior said:
It will bolt on either the 02- 03 or the 04 and above with no problem at all . If you are want you can put it under the Fender stays .
The question he's asking is the LUGGAGE RACK
not the back rest. Evidently the later back restis available with the luggage rack and the earlier isn't ?

Looks like youwould be better off with the later higher back rest for the earlier bike if you want the luggage rack to be a turnkey, as it appears there is no room for the holes. Your other option might be to make up an adapter bracket for the lower bar.

There isn't much that i could find on the www for this mfg

The enclosed jpegs are from this site: http://store.valueaccessories.net/backrestssissybarsandpads-5.aspx

Warrior 2004 & >

Warrior 2002-2003

1 - 4 of 4 Posts