RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks Gilly and IowaWarrior, I have the AIS done and the LCV I have been planning on ditching anyways but I will add the throttle body sync and look into setting the TPS on my PC3. My idle bounces around the 900 rpm mark at idle and the bike dies, it seems,when I'm
Slowing to stop and as soon as I pull the clutch in the bike just dies like I hit the kill switch. It didn't happen every time I stopped but the last time this happened that day I had to wait a lil bit before it would start back up. As soon as I got it running again, I parked it in the garage and ran out of time to dig into the problem.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
curiouser and curiouser. when you say you had to wait, did the motor turn over but not fire, or would it do nothing at all. you could always turn the idle up just to see if it makes a difference. how old is the battery?

·
Registered
258 Posts
The battery I bought around this time last year and the bike turned over but didn't fire. My brother was right beside me when this was goin on and when we got back to the house he said when I was cranking it, it almost seem like the motor had no compression. It took 4 tries and then when it started I had to give it throttle like you would a carb bike.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I would go ahead and delete the LCV and plug the throttle bodies off, you will have to probably raise your idle a little when you remove the LCV because it usually drops when removed. Give the bike some throttle when cranking and see if it does better, if it does, leave it off.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm goin to delete the LCV and adjust the clutch and see what happens. Hopefully I can get it figured out but all report back after I get to the bike tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi to all here from Croatia (its my first post) have same problem with my bike,cutting me off on 3000rpm each time after around 10miles of riding. I glued LAS sensor but didnt help,diagnostic shows no errors. Its rare bike in our contry so no much help here.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi welcome to the Forum from Australia. Do you have a manual for your bike? Some more info about your bike would be helpful eg, Year of Warrior, Any Mids that have been done etc. the guys will ask you the same question so if you can furnish that info would be great.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Sounds like a CPS issue..
Crank position sensor...
Do a forum search , and you'll find info on it....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
Hi to all here from Croatia (its my first post) have same problem with my bike,cutting me off on 3000rpm each time after around 10miles of riding. I glued LAS sensor but didnt help,diagnostic shows no errors. Its rare bike in our contry so no much help here.
You might separate both dry breaks (left side and under seat) and spray with WD-40 lubricant which is available in your country too. Then gently push the dry break together again until you hear it click locked. Then next time it happens and you pull over, open the fuel filler door and listen for rushing air from vacuum in the top tank.

Meanwhile write down the VIN from the frame steering neck (papers can be wrong) and any Yamaha dealer can verify if any recalls were done. The Total Recall forum and Documentation forum have recall info that you want to know before asking Yamaha about any recalls.

The other thing is the CPS could be failing even if it was replaced prior. Its not common, but does happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
5PX-85896-11 its that CPS? Bought bike in 2008 from US and ride it till now with any problems.Will help if i post my VIN here becouse i dont have any recalls here?

·
Registered
380 Posts
It makes sense to look for a kit to fix problem CPS. It’s several times cheaper and the kit will contain components besides the sensor: mounting screws and clutch cover gasket.

Check 90891-30047.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts