RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Over the years we have had to put to sleep 3 of our best hairy doggy mates ... I totally understand the tears, it never got easy and I swear I’m not doing it again.

Sad to hear your loss, brings back memories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had a beautiful Border Collie named Max. Max was a rescue dog with pedigree papers. Instead of having two black yes he had one of each. This is in 1998. We hit it off straight away. I was amazed at how quick he imprinted on me. He was around 18 months old when I got him. I’d like to share a couple or few stories if that’s ok. I had a Mitsubishi Pagero ( don’t know if you had them in the States. It was a 4 wheel drive ). When ever I took Max in the truck, he didn’t like being restrained so he always sat in the front passenger seat. Whenever I got out of the truck, Max would move over to the drivers seat. He would place both paws on the steering wheel. One day I’m heading through outer Brisbane on the freeway when out of nowhere traffic cop pulls me over for speeding. I get out of the truck and stat pulling the license out of my wallet. Anyway I get the ticket and the cop was heading towards his bike. For some reason when I saw Max in the seat and I said in a slightly raised voice “ Oh well Max it looks like your driving home” I’m heading for the passenger door and start getting in. I notice the cop started turning around ( out of curiosity). He makes eye contact with Max, then he looks over to me. I’m watching him as I get into the truck. I can imagine his brain going WTF FFS etc. then it dawned on him and the look on his face was priceless. I was going to type another story, but I’m in a scheit load of pain. Jump ahead to Oct 2003. I’m heading off to Austria so I arrange for some friends to look after Max while I’m away. I get back at 11pm, put the key in the door turn on the light and find a big empty. So that wasn’t bad enough when I went to get Max the next day. I get told that Max had run away. That was bullshit as Max likes to lounge on the furniture. I ask if they did a search or call the police. They said they hadn’t. The temperature was rising, was that the weather or me getting angry. I was away for 6 weeks and was told he’d gone in the second week. Funnily enough they also didn’t have Max’s bed our his bowls.
What can you do, nothing your guts are churning. I cared less about being robbed compared to how I felt for both me and Max. All I ever hoped was that he had or has a good life 😞😞😞😞❤

41 - 44 of 44 Posts