RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2013 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a thread you can use to keep in touch with your local area members. If you subscribe to the topic you will be notified by E-mail whenever a post is made. Ride Safe JP.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Thanks JP!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] This way it will be a little easier to keep track of each other.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
So I guess I'll write my comments about the Granbury trip in here instead of the other post.

Wip, DFWarrior, and Centerline, I had a blast!!! That was the most fun I've had in a long time (minus the whole off-roading it thing[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]). ABP, you really missed out on some good riding. Beautiful weather, the roads were very nice, and there was some great company. The videos turned out pretty good, I've just got to edit soundtracks to cover up all the wind noise. I should have a couple of them done by tonight though.

Any way thanks for keeping me company out on the roads. I would do it over again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Did Have Cars,
I can't make that date, but you should try to hook up w/. this group if possible.

We had a very large time.

DFW,
What an excellent time! So glad that you and WIP put it together. Outstanding weather, company and roads.

What a great day. BTW: Mel can flat out ride that thing!

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Amen Guys, and Mel...That was a real blast!! Fun and challenging plus a great riding group.
Pleasure to meet you Wip, and of course it was dandy to see Tim and Bill again.
Lets' do that again. I will check my schedule for the 20th.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yep. had a great time. pleasure to meet u 2 centerline.
i posted my cam pics on the other thread. turned out pretty good, but i bet the pics ya'll took at the haunted house should b even better, specially the ones with the owners of each bike standing by their bikes. guess i could post them here 2. lemme c what i can do.

Insert Image:

25.78 KB

Insert Image:

18.59 KB

Insert Image:

21.54 KB

Insert Image:

23.77 KB

Insert Image:

16.37 KB

Insert Image:

40.08 KB

Insert Image:

27.51 KB

Insert Image:

42.42 KB

Insert Image:

35.77 KB

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Okay wip, how did you post your pictures? I don't know how to post mine other than to add them to my gallery. Help!!! I'm a computer dummy!!!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

Okay wip, how did you post your pictures? I don't know how to post mine other than to add them to my gallery. Help!!! I'm a computer dummy!!!
that's how i did it. posted them to my gallery, then resize them down, then, when posting, click on add image file to the posting.
it will ask u to browse when u do so u can choose which pics to post. stacy will add them to our personal picture file section of our computer and then downsize them. if u like, u can call us tonight and either i or stacy can walk u through it. i'm computer dummy 2 but i learn a few things with her from time to time.[8D]

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Well, I'm a fair distance from you guys, but DFW is the nearest large city. I'm in Tuscola (just south of Abilene). I'll susbscribe so I can keep an eye on what's going on. Maybe one of these weekends I'll be out that way...

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Here are a couple more pics from Saturday.

Insert Image:

57.13 KB

Insert Image:

55.55KB

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RatPhlem

Well, I'm a fair distance from you guys, but DFW is the nearest large city. I'm in Tuscola (just south of Abilene). I'll susbscribe so I can keep an eye on what's going on. Maybe one of these weekends I'll be out that way...
hey ratphlem, how far away r u located from granbury? would that be half-way to dallas? or almost halfway? that's where we went riding fm51. i believe another ride has been scheduled for 08-20-05, not 100% sure, but dfw warrior just mentioned it 2 me o'er the phone(being thrown round right now in loose discussions). if ur interested, maybe u could meet us somewhere in the vacinity round there in town or something.?. i don't know that area but maybe u could pm dfw warrior and discuss the particulars. he knows that area pretty well. anyone else that wants 2 ride, let us know. unless something urgent comes up, i'm in.[8D]

·
Registered
169 Posts
hey WIP, we gonna ride or what? What are you doing Thursday night? I'm not working and it looks to be good weather. Let me know asap if you wanna hook up. EEEEEEEEEEEHA!

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
August 20th should be good for me, the location is up to you guys. If we want to head out towards the west I'm certainly game for it.

I'm also searching for roads up North and East of the metroplex so we can have a little varitey and that way the Eastern boys don't have to keep riding all the way to the Western edge of Fort Worth to meet up. Let me know if you guys have heard of any good roads in your areas and I'll see what I can string together for a good route.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Stephenville is almost exactly 100 miles from me. Granbury's a tad further. The group I ride with will sometimes go to Possum Kingdom. That's at the edge of our range. We're all Postal people and the only day we all have off at the same time is Sunday - so that's when I typically ride. I'd assume you guys ride on Saturdays. I have rotating days off - normally every Sunday and then a weekday EXCEPT once every 6 weeks - which I end up with a Fri-Sat-Sun off. Confused yet? Anyway, I'll keep on eye on what's going on with you guys, and if y'all end up planning a ride on a weekend I have off - I'll chime in and see about persuading a ride to PK on a Saturday. We wouldn't really be able to ride much together, but we could at least meet and get some pics. YEEEEHA! (ok - I stole that!)

·
Registered
5,332 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sweet pics and videos guys....I am new to DFW (as of March) and am always willing to take a nice cruise. It will be nice to ride with some guys that are willing to keep up with me versus all the Hardley's that I had to ride with up in Wisconsin. Keep me up to date with what you guys have planned....

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
cool 2nd videos. turned out pretty good. tell chris don't worry bout it. as u can tell the difference between my video and dfw&centerline one, i was goin a lil slower than them, plus, i paused my video and i had bout 2-3"'s til scrape. at least my head was positioned right and i was looking forward through the turn.[^]not bad for 2nd ride at twisty 101. i'll get there, practice makes perfect. maybe third time's a charm?.. he,he.[8D]

1 - 20 of 2013 Posts