RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2013 Posts

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Hey guys, just letting you all know my wife and I will be heading out to bike night at Sonic in Garland tonight. We'll be up there around 8:00 PM.

·
Registered
764 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

Hey guys, just letting you all know my wife and I will be heading out to bike night at Sonic in Garland tonight. We'll be up there around 8:00 PM.

If you drive by Motion Cycle Sports say hi to my bike[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. The mechanic said it should be done this week.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just got back from Sturgis. Anyway I live in Richland Hills for now but will be Red Oak come November. Any Sat or Sun works for me usually. 3000 miles in seven days and if I didn't have plans this weekend I would go riding tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ABP

If you drive by Motion Cycle Sports say hi to my bike[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. The mechanic said it should be done this week.

FYI... I waved, and I thought I heard a little wimper come from there when we passed by.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Look Guys,
It sounds like yer a buncha farkin' madmen on these things, I'd like to hook up and do some riding with ya'll but the only thing i can bring to the table is nice squiggly burnouts. [^]

Really Dudes, we need to get some riding on the east side of the metrpoex. There is a good twisty turny road from McKinney to lake Lavon and the roads are primo, lotsa curves with a BBQ shack on the Wiley city limit near Collin Marina. Then you can go down the hiway to Plano and cut across 75 then head to Bone Daddys, or hit Addison and do Dukes. And of course the West End is just a few more miles south. Step up east sieeeeeedah's! [^]

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Troyus

Look Guys,
It sounds like yer a buncha farkin' madmen on these things, I'd like to hook up and do some riding with ya'll but the only thing i can bring to the table is nice squiggly burnouts. [^]

Really Dudes, we need to get some riding on the east side of the metrpoex. There is a good twisty turny road from McKinney to lake Lavon and the roads are primo, lotsa curves with a BBQ shack on the Wiley city limit near Collin Marina. Then you can go down the hiway to Plano and cut across 75 then head to Bone Daddys, or hit Addison and do Dukes. And of course the West End is just a few more miles south. Step up east sieeeeeedah's! [^]

I'm game for doing this route on the 20th.

·
Registered
210 Posts

quote:Originally posted by Troyus

Look Guys,

I'm game for doing this route on the 20th.

I too, am game.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
hey guys, guess what????? i scraped my pipe today!!!yeah!!!!!!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
10mph turn, doin bout 30-40mph, rightside turn, o'er here by the lake, dalrock exit 2 b exact. i heard it o'er me pipes.
EEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][8D]

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Not bad wip, pretty soon I think we'll be raising that bike back off the ground to keep her from scraping so bad.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Gettin' the itch for some more inspiration in the twisties from DFW and Chris.....But Bill, ya got to keep it on the road on those evil rights next time[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey WIP, when you scrape your mirrors like I do in the twisties at 130mph full open throttle, than you got something to talk about! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!!!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
quote:Originally posted by warriorintexas

Hey WIP, when you scrape your mirrors like I do in the twisties at 130mph full open throttle, than you got something to talk about! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!!!
u forgot something, i said i scrape my helmet at 120mph in 10mph turns in the twisties.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-3.gif)]come on up warrior in galveston, luv to have u along. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]i might bring a small mowing blade to put on bottom of my bike in case i hit the grass.?.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

hey, 20th is this sat.. where to this time guys?? or same place?
7am again? where.? lets start on a definite plan. lunch afterwards?maybe more videos? more pics? i'll bring my camera again.
just throwin ideas out.[8D]

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Wip, I'm gonna work up a Northern route for this Saturday so hopefully we can meet up with some of the North and East Warrior guys. Prestoniac sent me a map of some good roads to ride up north so I'll try and put them into map form tonight and post them up.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Alright, I found the best roads that I could find and linked them together in some sort of way and this was what I got. I'm thinking meeting at the Walmart off of Spring Creek just South of Allen. Let me know if any of this sounds good or if any of you have any changes to make. I tried to stay off of freeways as much as possible since I'm pretty sure we know what they look like all too well.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Insert Image:

81.34KB
Oh BTW, it's about 159 miles from the start up in McKinney to the finish back at Walmart.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Close to home, might be able to join up for that ride, would love to join up again!!!!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
455. i think that 1st turn at oak point is the turn i almost bit it on when ridin with friscojim(could b rong). veryyyyyclooossee.[:0]
that is not too far from metrictech(deans shop). i'm cool with that plan.[^]i think i'll raise my bike up some for this ride.

·
Registered
365 Posts
WIP - that turn was on 455 between Weston and 75 - not mapped out on this route but should be considered - they've totally screwed up 455 (including the part west of Weston on this map) though when they tar and chipped it a couple of years ago - used to be a great road but now that that the stuff is wearing out the turns are like washboards. I swear TXDOT reads Ride Texas and when they name the top roads to ride they go out and chip em! What time is the meeting planned for? Might have a couple of other roads ya'll might like too. If you head east from the start point there are some nice roads over to Lake Lavon (Lucas) that will get you up to the Start point without having to do any highway riding.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I'm an early bird so I was thinking about being up at that Walmart around 7:30ish. That way we can get most of our riding in before the heat sets in. Is that too early or will that work for everyone?

Frisco, you are more than welcome to show us some good roads. I've never been up there riding so I was just going on what research I could get from you guys and off the web.

21 - 40 of 2013 Posts