RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2013 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

I'm an early bird so I was thinking about being up at that Walmart around 7:30ish. That way we can get most of our riding in before the heat sets in. Is that too early or will that work for everyone?

YES!! The heat is an excuse to stop for a cold one [^]

·
Registered
365 Posts
7:30 is early but definitely better than the heat and traffic - just let me know and I'll try and get there - my plans to be in North Carolina fell thru so I am in town

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
hey guys, if any man in the north texas area knows where the good roads r, it is friscojim. he showed me a few when i went with him. i was gonna suggest jim to give us some inside tips, but i didn't know if he could make it or not. he's a road scout and can definitely lead 2. the startin point is the back road i take into mckinney from lavon/ray hubbard area. very nice stretch. looked like some good side roads from what i could tell. police on that stretch of highway r fairly bad on sat.'s but i'm sure the side roads will b ok. yeah, that 1st turn he mentioned is a doozy, came outta nowhere, i would say it is maybe a 90degree turn(10-15mph?maybe?), definitely a knee-dragger.[:0]i know one thing, after our ride, i will b wanting to park at deans(hope he doesn't mind) and walk(25-50yards) to the fine mexican restaurant for lunch. man, that sure is some great mexican food!![/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]gotta go raise my bike now.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Alright Frisco, will you lead this one?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I'm still up for meeting at Wal-mart at 7:30 unless there is a better place to meet up.

Wip, get that bike raised up. You don't want to ruin those pretty pipes just yet.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have my bike back and will be installing the rest of the chrome tomarrow. I would ride with you guys, but my buddies are taking a ride to Austin Saturday. I hope my A** can take it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
well boys (and lady) you all enjoy yourself Saturday. I'll be in Tulsa moving my oldest back to school. Can ya'll belive such a young guy as myself has a kid that's a Jr. in college?... /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Bill, Steve, try to keep both wheels on the pavement..and stay off the shoulder, that's reserved for me!

Have fun! Ride hard, ride safe, i'll see ya next time.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DFWarrior

well boys (and lady) you all enjoy yourself Saturday. I'll be in Tulsa moving my oldest back to school. Can ya'll belive such a young guy as myself has a kid that's a Jr. in college?... /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Bill, Steve, try to keep both wheels on the pavement..and stay off the shoulder, that's reserved for me!

Have fun! Ride hard, ride safe, i'll see ya next time.

Tim, you youngster, too bad....we'll miss you on this one. Ya know, I think Bill got a video of that high speed grass pass you did. Pretty amazing; and I do intend to stay on the pavement this time.[8D]

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Alright, Melanie and I are meeting up with reelmcoy over towards East Ft. Worth and then we'll be heading up to meet you guys up off Spring Valley. Hopefully we should be there around 7:30 or so. And if any of you guys have any buddies that want to come along feel free to invite them. This is by no means a Warrior only ride.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I'll have to agree with captcomputer, it was a blast. Jim thanks for leading the pack, other than the things that we couldn't control (bikes, and traffic) is was a really nice ride. And I learned a very valuable lesson as well. It pays off to wear a jacket even when you ride in 105 degree heat. Because I saw what a bug will do to you when you say hello to it while doing 110 mph.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I can't wait for the next ride.

Oh yeah, Mel was so excited for this ride she couldn't sleep the night before. And she was sad when we had to leave to head back home.

Here are some of the pics that Mel and I took.

Insert Image:

96.11KB

Insert Image:

89.85KB

Insert Image:

81.4KB

Insert Image:

83.86KB

Insert Image:

65.44KB

Insert Image:

82.17KB

·
Registered
365 Posts
It was getting a bit warm on the return home - turned out to be a great day to ride though. We'll have to co-ordinate the east Texas lunch run when it cools off a bit. Had fun showing off some of our northern roads!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
had a blast myself.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]we'll have to do it again when cooler weather comes. it was a pleasure meeting some of the other guys on the site.[8D] bought a texas gazetteer sunday, in process of scoutin for some new roads. found a few so far, 2 in particular, 1 not far from 455, fm697-connecting sherman to whitewright tx, & 2-connecting granbury to cleburne-fm4[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
jim, what road did u say went from greenville to jefferson? tryin to find but can't. anyways, here r some more pics. guess i need to work on my zoom a lil more on some.

Insert Image:

20.66KB

Insert Image:

28.5KB

Insert Image:

42.89KB

Insert Image:

42.9KB

Insert Image:

38.07KB

Insert Image:

60.16KB

Insert Image:

35.51KB

Insert Image:

35.71KB

Insert Image:

21.07KB

Insert Image:

24.27KB

Insert Image:

26.81KB

Insert Image:

21.55KB

·
Registered
365 Posts
wip - the best road over that way is 852 - runs from Winnsboro down to Gilmer. From Greenville you can take 69 to Emory then 515 across the lake to Winnsboro.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
ABP, how's the bike coming along? I haven't heard from you in a little while.

·
Registered
764 Posts

I have all the chrome on except the belt gaurd (back order). It looks alot better with the chrome and the blue. My back tire is showing cord so I am waiting on new tires. Going back to the 200 Bridgstones.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ABP

I have all the chrome on except the belt gaurd (back order). It looks alot better with the chrome and the blue. My back tire is showing cord so I am waiting on new tires. Going back to the 200 Bridgstones.
pics please.?. we gotta c ur chrome!!![/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]and ur so-called worn out rear tire from all that twisty ridin u been doin.he,he.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
thought u were goin with 240kit.?. no?? come on, all that power would light up a 240!![/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]we'll have to hookup again.
btw-checked out some unfamiliar farm roads this morning. they sucked.[V] per map, they looked great, til we rode them. guess that's what scoutin is all about.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][8D]

·
Registered
5,332 Posts

As soon as you get her rolling again let me know, we'll hook up and do a little riding. Just so long as it's before next Tuesday, because that's when we're off to TN.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Still no tires mawonline is taking forever to ship. i will try to update the pics in my gallery this week to show the new chrome.

·
Registered
345 Posts

Still no tires mawonline is taking forever to ship. i will try to update the pics in my gallery this week to show the new chrome.

Took about 3 weeks to get my tires from them. Good prices just slower than dirt.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I've always used onoffroad.com for all my tires. They ship out of Houston so I've always had mine by the next day.

How much did you get your new rear tire for ABP?

41 - 60 of 2013 Posts