RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok left side of bike, the black panel, cover with the stupid looking bolt (Star design with pin in center) on it that two hardware stores don't have a tool to remove it with.. Iam doing a 30 front pulley and need this removed to get chrome pulley cover off. Thankyou

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Try your nearest NAPA store. They sell a set of security torx(sp?) sockets for fairly cheap.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
That's a torx- security bolt. Some auto parts stores have a tool for them.

The stock pully cover can be removed without pulling that side cover. A little wiggling will do it.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks that took all of 28 seconds.. Love this site.....

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
since I hardly ever lock my helmet to the bike I replaced mine with a 'standard' fastener. The bolts that hold on the LS scoop are the same size with out the torx security head. Since I don't run the scoop anymore...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Speaking of bolts we love to hate, I'd love to meet the person who thought it was a good idea to use 10mm socket head bolts all over this bike. By the time you apply enough torque to tighten a bolt that big you just about ensure that you won't be able to get the **** thing off without rounding the hex of the bolt.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Modit2thmax

Speaking of bolts we love to hate, I'd love to meet the person who thought it was a good idea to use 10mm socket head bolts all over this bike. By the time you apply enough torque to tighten a bolt that big you just about ensure that you won't be able to get the **** thing off without rounding the hex of the bolt.

That's my problem with front disk bolts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my prize bolt has got to be the crankcase oil drain bolt- not enough room between the bolt and the engine case for my good tools-[xx(]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts