RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DarkStar now that you have some miles on your seat. What are your overall thoughts of adding the gel pad to your seat. Do you like it as much as when it was first done or would you go with a replacement seat. I am seriously considering having the Pro Pad added.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
jspencer,
The gel pad was the "BEST" modification I did for comfort on my Warrior. I had 1-1/2"-2" shaved & lowered, added the pro-pad, gel-pad worth every $$$ invested. I am getting ready to send out the seat again to put a gel pad in the rear.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
My Lady Friend is as tough as they come. A true Warrior she is! Has done many miles on the stock rear fender!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
gotta give credit where credit is due. I found out my seat was good for a couple of hours in back before the whining set in, saved me having to tote her around all day long. Last weekend she suggested I get rid of my bike too. This has become a lesson in magic, how to get somebody to disappear

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
jspencer,
I know his cost has gone up. When I did mine in December 2000 it cost me $110.00 to include shipping. Great Deal!

Ed

·
Registered
11 Posts
DS, Sounds great. Where did you send your seat to get a Gel Pad installed? BTW TKS for your input on the bars.

quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

jspencer,
The gel pad was the "BEST" modification I did for comfort on my Warrior. I had 1-1/2"-2" shaved & lowered, added the pro-pad, gel-pad worth every $$$ invested. I am getting ready to send out the seat again to put a gel pad in the rear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jspencer,

Thanks for the information.

This is a great site. Have learned alot. Hope my RSW turns out like some I've seen.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Sounds like a good mod.. I think I will check that out.
I already found the stock seat comfy. But the most continous mileage I pulled was around 300 k.m or 190 Miles. Could you expand on what, differences you found Darkstar????
I did find my lower back would get somewhat stiff, so I would stretch while riding.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Mac,
I found the stock seat very uncomfortable on the tail bone section. This where I found the most discomfort. I had Mac shave that area out by 1-1/2-2inches which helps lower the riding position and eliminated the tail bone pressure I was experiencing with the stock seat. With the gel pad installed that helped with over all comfort and shapes to your rear end. I have done numerous extended road trips of up to 1400 miles in 3 days will very little discomfort due to the seat. I run tank empty quite often before stopping and do not complain about sore cheeks or lower back. You may want to get a kidney support belt for your lower back if you find discomfort at the lower back. Might be just a health issue, but shaving the stock seat like I did helped tremendously! And for $110.00 you cannot beat that deal!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Can he move you back any? My big ass sits up against the stock, I guess it is called back support. I would like to move that back a little, is you seat using the stock cover?

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Damion,
Mac can do just about anything to the stock seat. What is important is he has the plate that all the foam and covering is attached to. He has done some great work on stock Warrior seats. I still have the stock cover on my seat. If I was you go to their web site check it out and email Mac about what you want done. Ask for a quote. He's the best around. Best of all, he's located in Florida!

Ed

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
What I want to do is lower myself some and move back, what I was thinking was actuallly raising the backrest some and changing the cover to get rid of the sew line.
There is a shop here that said he will look at it after the first and tell me what can be done. I really am more interested in a look, I will have the dual tour for putting miles on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts