RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Duh! Where did you think the name came from?
And not from the tribute band, either. Although I hear they're very good. If you never made it to a Dead show then you really missed out. I once took my cousin to a show in the late 80's. He's 100% pure southern hillbilly. Never saw a hippy he didn't want to deck right on the spot. LOL. After the it was all over, he said in his thick southern drawl, "there are two things every man should do in his life.....see his child being born and go to a Grateful Dead concert."

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know where the name came from ( I have the album). I've made it to about 3 Grateful dead shows and saw them after JG died as the Other Ones and then as just the Dead. I'm not a huge dead head(anymore) but always enjoyed a show.

I heard about this on the radio yesterday and havent talked with Darkstar in a bit and thought it would be funny.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Shoot I live in Bonnaroo town, we have great jam bands every year. Along with other styles mixed in. Never got to see Jerry but have heard the Dead play and have become a big fan of Widespread Panic, Les Claypool, String Cheese, Moe and others since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts