RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Warrior owners!

Since this last winter my Warrior slept to much on the Garage and the Battery died... and even after a full recharge it not last even for 2 start ups! Doesn't hold the charge anymore.

So, being this way i need to buy a replacement battery and thats my question here:

Which model/type do you guys suggest?
The technical service i went to said that the Warrior uses a "GEL" type of battery that is much more expensive than a "regular" one, but has no maintenance. So when it dies, its DEAD!

Anyone knows which is the best brand or model for the Warrior?
Is it the stock model the best one or other? Help needed!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers from Porto - Portugal /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Antonio

ps: i case of being weeks/months without riding the bike, what is the best solution to prevent battery power losses? Recharge it connecting it to the power at home?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
have you changed your running lights or turn signals? if the warrior does not see running lights (not leds), they will drain the battery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by bugei

have you changed your running lights or turn signals? if the warrior does not see running lights (not leds), they will drain the battery.

Did not understand the question!
Well, my Warrior has the front light always on and the flash lights to (turn signals!?).
Im asking my mechanic to turn this feature off and just keep the front light on.

The problem here is that i did spend less time this year ridding the bike, and weeks became months without even starting the engine ... /emoticons/emotion-6.gif

Antonio

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by condrons

All the battery info you need.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46512

Thanks a lot!
Do you have any idea if this brand is easy to get in Europe?

/emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
antonio, if the running lights on a warrior have been modified, the battery may drain without you knowing it. the draining may only be obvious if you see you happen to notice that the tach is glowing. a few members have mistaken this "mystery drain" as battery failures, fixing the wrong problem.

i use small battery float tenders on my bike and some vehicle batteries to keep them charged in the "off season"

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
SVR-14 and a battery tender will give you years of riding pleasure. Not quite sure why there is an off season for riding in Portugal?!! I almost bought a farm near Cascais to grow strawberries...where are you? SVR14 did not come up on a ebay in UK search but your supplier will have references I'm sure. Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by fcwarrior

SVR-14 and a battery tender will give you years of riding pleasure. Not quite sure why there is an off season for riding in Portugal?!! I almost bought a farm near Cascais to grow strawberries...where are you? SVR14 did not come up on a ebay in UK search but your supplier will have references I'm sure. Good luck

Hi there!

Well i live in Oporto an believe me that Cascais is much better to ride a bike!! /emoticons/emotion-1.gif
Porto rains 1/3 of the year and its colder an more windy. Its about 350km up from Cascais, right on the north of Portugal.

I´ll pass that info to my mechanic so he can try to get a good quote on that or even another brands thats similar in quality.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Antonio

ps: Are you from the UK?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
+1 on the battery tender. Get something under 2 amps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by Loren78

+1 on the battery tender. Get something under 2 amps.

Please explain!!
Did not understand what you mean...

Antonio

1 - 12 of 12 Posts