RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
847 Posts
I know there is a ticket regarding broken threads but we may need to repair some of these ourselves if we know the correct URL for the information.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
8,721 Posts
I know there is a ticket regarding broken threads but we may need to repair some of these ourselves if we know the correct URL for the information.

- Cricket
Is "we" the admin or does that include us the members?
Obviously the us wont work with the 10 count rule :>(

·
Administrator
28,202 Posts
Hi Cricket,

Much of the missing / dead content was provided in great detail by current and/or prior members requiring hours days week months and some even years of evolution-editing by teams of members. It was woven into threads and posts, and could not be saved by us, it was archived here and we could refer it, update it, and entrust it.

You are great at your job for sure so I think you might want to know that what many members hear is that you are telling to re-invent re-discover re-engineer every bit of missing content in order to save paid staff and contractors a few minutes of time, all-the-while realizing that history repeats itself and more will go missing.

A few of us are stepping-up for you communicating the impossibility of re-writing eighteen-plus years of technical and engineering and hands-on-how-to-with-pictures-and-pdf-attachments.

That content is either lost forever or its a minute-away for forum paid staff if it has in-fact not been discarded in migration.

I see many members re-posting some of the simpler things. But it has not yet been member-vetted. Members will do that by nature if EDITING RIGHTS ARE RESTORED. But even then, the missing content and the broken links to that content must be restored by paid forum staff because members do not have authority or access or the experience and software training.

I'm in-the-middle, but ultimately in this issue just a volunteer janitor sweeping and organizing for a planet of fellow talented and future-talented members in every time zone who are communicating their desire to continue gathering here but will go where the content can be found and accessed if no choice.

Many of us obviously have ties here and hope to continue gathering here. We are already replacing what we can without needing to be asked.

What is being communicated to you as our sole-contact toward the forum is that we need to know if missing and broken-link posted content and both pdf and jpg attachments remain on a server and if your team has some promise to make it accessible again. Or, if it has all been over-written deleted discarded abandoned, we need to know.

I want to thank you again for everything you do for us here. We all realize you are not the software writer and you certainly did not realize the depth to which this forum has been different over its history (which is why we remain passionate about our gathering). And in our work and forum lives we have experience with software migrations, its not a question of acclimation. Its a question of lost content and editing rights and a perception of the ability to move forward in a technical atmosphere with basic modern archive access assurance.

Be well.

Mike

·
Administrator
847 Posts
I truly understand how frustrating it is. There are some sites I have been a part of for a decade or more, so I truly appreciate the work that goes into it.

I do know that nothing has been disregarded. I do know that there is a ticket for this issue.

One thing I do not yet know if it will be possible to restore PDF files.

- Cricket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts