RS Warrior Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
I posted his address 3 weeks after the check cleared & stated that anyone living near him in NY could knock on his door & if he answered they could take $40 out of his a$$ if they so wished.I didn't mention any kind of weapon.But since Sangathor & OhioMike brought up weapons maybe Warrior_Dave could drop a JDAM on his GPS coordinates with a F18 Super Hornet & take him out with 1 shot.Again, I'm just venting & kidding.I doubt anyone would kick his a$$ for someone else but if they do I wont feel sorry for the guy.He answered CRAZYRT's post on 1-13-07 & sold & shipped him an AIS cover.He answered my post on 1-25-07 & offered me an AIS cover.It doesn't take a genius to figure out the math which is why I said unless 1 fell out of the sky & landed in his backyard I doubt his bike came with 2 covers.I don't see how PayPal could help.Someone could still not ship the part once they got the money.Credit cards are no good buying from an individual.I just want a F%#@&%ing onyx AIS scoop & I prefer buying 1 used from a trustworthy member here such as AlanH or another member here that has been here long enough they wont F#%$ me.It's my fault I didn't wait to find a member that had been here longer.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,703 Posts
Paypal offers fraud protection and you can definitely use credit cards to pay an individual using paypal, that's it's entire purpose for being. Yes it doesn't make them ship an item, but it will reimburse when you get taken. It's a great tool for internet buying. I have used it for everything online since 1999 and haven't had a single problem since then. Check it out. BTW, he still hasn't visited the site or opened my PM in a month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,534 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

Paypal offers fraud protection and you can definitely use credit cards to pay an individual using paypal, that's it's entire purpose for being. Yes it doesn't make them ship an item, but it will reimburse when you get taken. It's a great tool for internet buying. I have used it for everything online since 1999 and haven't had a single problem since then. Check it out. BTW, he still hasn't visited the site or opened my PM in a month.


This is true when using paypal with sites like ebay (ebay actually owns paypal now) but if you just send someone money through paypal, it's a little harder to get your money back... possible? yes, but not as easy as some make it out to be.

Busaman's problems as well as my own here of late just make me NOT want to deal with anything other than ebay, it's just not worth the headache to save a couple of bucks. I have had many great experiences off these boards, both buying and selling, but one bad experience pretty much made me decide that unless I know the person that I'm done trading here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,588 Posts
The real Problem is people aren't afraid to steal because they rarely goto Jail and if they do the charges are Plead to Nothing!! Why?? The Jails are filled with Drug Users who are what?? hurting themselves??? I would much rather deal with Ted and his Bong smoke than Bill and his sticky fingers... Just my 2 cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Just a note. The internet is viewed by many attorneys, magistrates and judges as harmless (unless it's Sexual Predator based). It is very difficult to determine where the crime took place. Many jurisdictions say it's where the crime originated from. Other states say it's where it ended up. Trying to get a bureacracy like a State Attorneys office or City PD and a detective with 100 cases on his desk to look into yours, sift through the paperwork, and call other states is minimal. Oh the detective will call and then clear the case based upon a reason such as "unable to get in touch with the reported suspect." In the eyes of many supervisors looking in to these crimes is a waste of time and resources when there are bank fraud/check fraud/identity fraud/assault and battery/shootings/car jacking/robbery cases from their jurisdiction coming in at 5, 10 or 30 a day. The odds are against you winning or ever recovering anything. As the VICTIM, you are SCREWED, BIG TIME. HERE'S A GREAT EXAMPLE----> Send out Guaranteed Credit Card approval notices to a certain area of town (low income). For just $29.99 the recipient gets a credit card of any sort. They send in payment awaiting for the card that will never arrive. Now you have sent out 30,000 to a select group. You receive a response of 10% that's = to 3000 X 29.99 (for processing) total income $89,970. Now 10 percent of them complain to your States Attorney General Fraud department. That's 300. You go to court and plea out on a simple financial crime where no one was hurt and agree to pay back $15.00 per complainant that's $4500.00. Not a bad pay day $85,470 for promising to pay the peeps back because only 300 complained. In truth only 38 people could be found that responded to the letters sent out. That means only $570.00 was paid back to victims. Suspect was PTI'd. Pre-Trial intervention. No time, no probation, only 80 hours of CS (community service) and $570.00 paid back to 38 victims in the amount of $15 each. Nice scam.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Dishonesty

1Down5Up, Your silence has spoken volumes to me. You are dishonest and a swindler. Pawning off your unusable crap on someone else was just Bulls#$t. I have spoken to the Paypal representative and if you havn't heard from them yet, you will.


I Asked: "Is it ding and scratch free? If it is, I would be willing to pay 175$ plus shipping" This was in response to an add for a used tankthis guy placed on the forums.


He Answered: "It's ding and scratch free and for 200.00 + shipping you can have it."


I received the tank and took it to Matt at Performance Edge. Matt is doing the chrome wide tire kit on my bike. He was also to match the paint on the tank to my bike. While sanding the tank down in preparation for paint the painter found the 1" of bondo covering the dent. The dent had holes in it from an attempt to pull out the dent, so the bondo underneath never set.


I have twice tried to get this guy to talk to me. I have only met with silence. Do not deal with this guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
Re: Dishonesty

Wow....serious allegations. From what I've seen most of the members here are pretty honest, but I guess you always get a few to spoil things. Do you have any pictures? Thanks for the heads-up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
Re: Dishonesty

Kray said:
1Down5Up, Your silence has spoken volumes to me. You are dishonest and a swindler. Pawning off your unusable crap on someone else was just Bulls#$t. I have spoken to the Paypal representative and if you havn't heard from them yet, you will.


I Asked: "Is it ding and scratch free? If it is, I would be willing to pay 175$ plus shipping" This was in response to an add for a used tankthis guy placed on the forums.


He Answered: "It's ding and scratch free and for 200.00 + shipping you can have it."


I received the tank and took it to Matt at Performance Edge. Matt is doing the chrome wide tire kit on my bike. He was also to match the paint on the tank to my bike. While sanding the tank down in preparation for paint the painter found the 1" of bondo covering the dent. The dent had holes in it from an attempt to pull out the dent, so the bondo underneath never set.


I have twice tried to get this guy to talk to me. I have only met with silence. Do not deal with this guy.

Any resolution to this?
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,068 Posts
Re: Dishonesty

add member reylercastro to the list of people not to buy. It's odd as he seems like a really nice guy and shipped quickly. He just packaged very badly and the parts were pretty damaged. I only asked for a small refund and I'd deal with the damaged parts, or a full refund and I'd ship them back. He just quit talking to me, will not return a call and change his posting to sold and has not been heard from since. Kinda sucks that people act like that for such a small amount of money. I filed with paypal and told him just issue a small refund and I would be happy as I believe the parts were probably good untill the shipping error, who know maybe I am to trusting and the parts were damaged from the get go. anyways, I would not want other member to be taken advantage of, and he has refused to answer with paypal either so I guess I kinda got hosed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
OhioMike said:
You mean the police won't do anything over $50.00 Must depend on where you live because Ive had hundreds of people arrested for $1.00 bolt packages while working at HD and Lowes.. Police always did there job..
I've often wondered if people didn't steal those things like crazy. I always feel like if there is someone watching over those aisles they must have really good peepers. I generally take a bent version of a screw or a nut that I need a screw to fit with me in my pocket and I'm constantly taking it in and out of my pocket to try various matches or mates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,312 Posts
adrian548 said:
Just a note. The internet is viewed by many attorneys, magistrates and judges as harmless (unless it's Sexual Predator based). It is very difficult to determine where the crime took place. Many jurisdictions say it's where the crime originated from. Other states say it's where it ended up. Trying to get a bureacracy like a State Attorneys office or City PD and a detective with 100 cases on his desk to look into yours, sift through the paperwork, and call other states is minimal. Oh the detective will call and then clear the case based upon a reason such as "unable to get in touch with the reported suspect." In the eyes of many supervisors looking in to these crimes is a waste of time and resources when there are bank fraud/check fraud/identity fraud/assault and battery/shootings/car jacking/robbery cases from their jurisdiction coming in at 5, 10 or 30 a day. The odds are against you winning or ever recovering anything. As the VICTIM, you are SCREWED, BIG TIME. HERE'S A GREAT EXAMPLE----> Send out Guaranteed Credit Card approval notices to a certain area of town (low income). For just $29.99 the recipient gets a credit card of any sort. They send in payment awaiting for the card that will never arrive. Now you have sent out 30,000 to a select group. You receive a response of 10% that's = to 3000 X 29.99 (for processing) total income $89,970. Now 10 percent of them complain to your States Attorney General Fraud department. That's 300. You go to court and plea out on a simple financial crime where no one was hurt and agree to pay back $15.00 per complainant that's $4500.00. Not a bad pay day $85,470 for promising to pay the peeps back because only 300 complained. In truth only 38 people could be found that responded to the letters sent out. That means only $570.00 was paid back to victims. Suspect was PTI'd. Pre-Trial intervention. No time, no probation, only 80 hours of CS (community service) and $570.00 paid back to 38 victims in the amount of $15 each. Nice scam.

Just for clarification. It is not hard to find out where an internet crime took place. every IP address is registered to a provider and every IP handed out by that provider is logged. The provider can tell you the house/business the crime was committed from. All you need is a warrant. If the police cannot determine where the crime was committed it is because there was a sale on dough nuts this morning and they have better things to do.
 
81 - 93 of 93 Posts
Top