RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we start a list of dealers that will and will not do upgrades during this recall. I'm curious to know and would like to patronize dealers that take care of the customer. I'd like a list of great dealers to go to if I'm ever out riding and need an emergency fix, or just to recommend someone else to. I'll check into my dealer status tomorrow and see how they stand.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
My dealer is a WILL DO! Highly recommend & excellent techs.

Shipps Yamaha / Suzuki
11530 Springfield Pike
Cicinnnati, OH 45246
(513) 772-2803
Jim Muckenfuhs - Service Manager

Jim

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
The dealer I am using
Thomas Motorsports
Port Jefferson Station, NY

They say they want at least 2 extra hours labor to drop in HC pistons. They are saying they dont need to remove the pistons while doing the job, just the rings, therefore it is extra time.

Is this acceptable?

CarKNee

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Went to visit my dealer yesterday.

Kennedy's Yamaha, Elyria, OH 440-322-7755

He has no problem throwing pistons or anything in there while it's open. No charge if the is no work, ie; pistons, huge labor savings for anything else. He was just finishing up a Road Star Silverado recall. They added 3k worth of Patrick Racing parts to it! The owner of the dealership also told me if I bring my bike in for service (for some reason, I desparately need tires), he will not hold it as I've heard some say. He said if it was his bike and the parts weren't in, he'd be riding it.

He also told me that Yamaha told him the kits would be in by end of February. He said, He'll believe it when he see's it.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
quote:Originally posted by CarKnee

The dealer I am using
Thomas Motorsports

They say they want at least 2 extra hours labor to drop in HC pistons. They are saying they dont need to remove the pistons while doing the job, just the rings, therefore it is extra time.

Is this acceptable?

CarKNee
that's like soo unacceptable. To change the pistons once the engine is apart takes maybe 15 minutes max, and that's for a 4 year old. All you have to do is pull the retaining clip, pull the pin that connects the piston to the rod, place new piston on rod, replace pin and clip.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Dice

quote:Originally posted by CarKnee

The dealer I am using
Thomas Motorsports

Is this acceptable?

CarKNee
that's like soo unacceptable. To change the pistons once the engine is apart takes maybe 15 minutes max, and that's for a 4 year old. All you have to do is pull the retaining clip, pull the pin that connects the piston to the rod, place new piston on rod, replace pin and clip.

That is what I thought.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
My Dealer Razzee's in North Kingston, RI will do upgrades I'm going with OE HC pistons, rear exhaust manifold and AIS blockoff. No labor charge. He said he did a lot of upgrades to the Roadstars, when they were recalled. Yesterday I dropped by to see if they had a status on arrival of the parts. Yamaha is not giving an ETA. He suggested I call Customer Service and get on their case.
I tried calling from 5:30 pm till 7:59 Eastern time. I got a busy signal each time. But at precisely 7:59, I got a recording to call during normal business hours.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just curious, what upgrades are ya'll looking to get done while they are in there? Is there something I should ask about getting upgraded when I get mine done? Also, if so what kind of price are we looking at as far as parts for upgrades?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts