RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just talked to the service manager and he said the parts wont be avail till at least the end of feb, thats not news. i've been reading all the hundreds of threads on here about recalls (sorry to add another) and dont recall anyone being told they CANT, NOT ALLOWED TO, do anything but put the originals. he said he has to put it back to stock and make sure it runs like a top, and then he can tear it back down and put the HC pistons in it. well WHATS THE FRIGGIN POINT IN THAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!![/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!][/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] not sure what to do other than search for another dealer to do business with.

has anyone else been told this? he said its yamahas policy not his, and its what hes required ot do. are all the other dealers around the country just ignoring yamahas policy, or is this guy just not wanting to lose the labor charges? if he has to put it back stock, i'd rather tear it back down and do it myself than pay him to do it.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!][/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]that just pisses me off. i previously talked to the 2nd in charge 4 time or so now cause the 'head honcho" wasnt around and the 2nd in charge guy said it would be no prob. said they could do it, said they've done head work for some of the roadies in there.....

just needed to vent.[V]

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
He is full or crap. He wants shop labor out of you. I am dealing with some of the best yamaha wrenches on the east coast and there service manager has no issue's with installing any internal modifications when they do the tranny recall, NONE! Being that I am only installing Standard HC Piston's its a swap out, no extra charge. This is coming from a Yamaha Dealer who's been in buisness for over 25 years.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've done so much business with them too. AND they have done business with me, i set up a sat system on 5 tv's in their showroom and one in the break room. everyone there bout knows me. all i'm wanting is the HC piston swap just like you ED. they have a REAL nice clean shop, and a tech that has done a doz or so raodies, and they have 6 more in there as we speak. not sure how/where to begin to find another, not knowing THEIR background.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Umm, find a new dealer. It's up to the service manager not yamaha. Mine told me to bring in parts if I wanted to, said if he didn't let people do this then he'd lose tranny rebuilds. It's the same thing with tires. Some will let you bring them in others insist you buy from them. Guy is trying to umm well you know. Find out who the best tech is, request him or her, and talk with that person. My parts guy told me who to request. If they won't help ya out just tell them the name of the dealer that will accomodate ya. Call around and ask.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Find a new dealer. Plain and simple. Post the name of the dealer on this site so we all know who to stay away from. I would take ALL my busniess elsewhere. My dealer, on the east coast, has embraced the "recall" completely. They see this as a huge opportunity to keep customers happy and make money at the same time.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GO-ped?! lol..

i'm going to push him before i black list him. i've been known to be persuasive before. i just really hate to leave a shop i trust to go to a shop i dont know.

was stupid though he said "if i did that i couldnt warranty the motor" and i said thats fine, if i do it myself there wont be a warranty either!"

·
Registered
234 Posts
Find a new shop. If that is the way they are then I would not want to keep giving them business. I am sure there must be someone in your area that can recommend a shop for you.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Audio, how many other members are there in SC? Unite with them and demand it and be sure you talk to #1. As a business owner, I know you MUST negotiate with the top man to get anything approved.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
My dealer said as long as I buy the parts from them they'll put whatever I want into it. I'll probably pay more for the parts but the labor isn't going to cost much of anything. He said they can get me SpeedStar, PR, OE or Baron's. The kits are due in for late Feb. I have already ordered Pistons, Springs, Oil drive gear and The Yammie Med. duty clutch set.

I wanted to make sure everything was in before the recall parts parts hit, which may be never...

I did not have to prepay for anything.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
This is just wrong. My dealer is going to install the 122ci kit for me and the only thing they charge me for is the case boring. You should really look for a different place.
Worst case ship the bike out West for the recall and ride it back to Stardays with us. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
keep working him. he's got to realize it's about customer service. have him check with some other, well, any other dealers who are all willing to do work like this.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Sorry off topic but Frankenstein holly $#@$ 122ci kit WOW.
I'll be bringing parts to my local dealer. I'd try to talk to him but don't burn that bridge, sounds like it means a lot of business for you. I'm sure you gave him a good deal on his dish system. Why isn't he doing the same for you?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
That's a real shame that you'll have to shop around as it really sounds like you have confidence in them. Why not offer to pop in while they are reassembling the engine and to pop the HD pistons in yourself under the watchful eye of the mechanic?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Audio
The Yamaha dealer down here in Charleston is going to put my H/C pistons in at no extra charge. You might want to check around or bring it down here.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, i'v ebought 2 bikes in the last 2 years from them and referred my dad and my best bud who also bought bikes from them. thats 4 bikes in a little over a 12 month period!

AMOS- yeah, today was the first time i'd been able to talk ot the head honcho and i'm not giving up on the first no. what kind of a salesman would i be if i did?

Oliver- that would be a GREAT back up plan

arent these guys making 9.5 hours on this? @ like $60/hr that is $570 in labor. i would hope they wouldnt turn that away, all so they can double dip on labor.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh- yeah, i wish there was a strong presence of warriors around me. Troy- you are one of the closest and you're 3.5 hours away. so unfortunately there isnt much united power around here. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would just schedule the recall and talk to the #2 you already spoke with and slip him a little extra to put them in. Either him or the tech doing the work.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I would direct the service manager to this site so he can see how full of crap we think he is! Let him know that it is not a Yamaha policy but rather it is his attempt at milking you out of labor. Keep working him until he gives in- he will want your business, or at least your money, and if you threaten to go somewhere else he might eventually give in (heck, you could afford to pay the gas money and drive it to another state if you had to- it'd still be less than what he is trying to charge you.)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts