RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure many have asked the same question, but here it is again. I just bought a 2008 Warrior and the dealership is offerring me an extended warranty for $700 or the 3 year extended warranty and service plan to cover parts, labor, tax for service for that 3 year period. I hear you have to adjust valves periodically etc. Is it worth the extra money or is it fairly simple and much cheaper to do it myself? And another dealership offered the warranty for $590.

·
Administrator
29,697 Posts
First - welcome aboard

It depends. You're covered for a year except services. The data exists on this site to do everything yourself with a few basic tools. Sometimes a dealer service plan is worth it, especially if all supplies are paid (oil and filters etc). But you're stuck with their service department schedule and delays if they have any. $700 for three years isn't terible.

Valve adjustments are do-able yourself too, just a little more involved, but it does cross a line where experience pays. The first valve adjustment might not take place until after the three year term, it depends on how much you ride.

This is sort of a personal choice - its got good bits and bad.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
the only thing I got out of my extended warranty was a new speedo head. Don't trust the dealer to change my oil, they tend to put to much in. They also drop my idle down to low. Don't trust the dealer to change my rear tire, they always tighten the drive belt to tight. I find that if you want your bike serviced right, you need to do it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts