RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are plenty of guys that have used PCS for lots of different items. Just wondered how your experience was. I have a exhaust and lowing kit on order. They said the exhaust would ship in 5 days. Its been 17 now and after finally getting ahold of them yesterday they said "probably "this week. The lowing kit was just a couple of days ago so we will see what happens. Is this normal? If so no big deal . I am just getting antsy to get my pipes.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
It's normal, took my pipe a month to come in. It's their exhaust shop that is slow. They don't make them theirselves. And get ready to re ceramic the pipes pretty quick. Their ceramic SUCKS... It's super thin.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
103 Posts
I ordered a set of PCS Series 1 Raptor Spike grips earlier this month, my money has been accepted thru PCS that was on the 16 March in Spokane Wash and then on the 23rd March it made it to LA. It was more of a test to see their response times.
My friend owns a Stryker and ordered a number of items and had the worst customer service. He would call and get lame excuses.
Long storey short, we will not be ordering or recommending them in the future due to the poor customer service.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I had no problems with them, other than it took awhile to get my seat -but they explained why (I have an 02, so they have to wait for another 02 to come in and modify it before they can send it out -I could have sent in mine and quickened the process, but I wasn't sure how happy I would be with their product -now that I know how good it is, I would have just sent it in).

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's normal, took my pipe a month to come in. It's their exhaust shop that is slow. They don't make them theirselves. And get ready to re ceramic the pipes pretty quick. Their ceramic SUCKS... It's super thin.

I agree with the slow exhaust service. FORTUNATELY, mine only took 2 weeks. I got the Bomber Series, but I've found that it gets extremely HOT. That being said, I wrapped mine immediately. Also, the RACE BAFFLE is unreasonably loud.
But this pipe is awesome! I feel my tire breaking loose with ease, lots of torque

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my shipping confirmation email yesterday for the slam kit that I ordered but nothing on the pipe so far. I expected it to take longer than normal because I had it shortened . I am getting the 2 ring baffle that comes with it . I well just have to run it and see how loud it is. I may have to order the 4 ring if its to loud. Just have to get it first.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The 2-ring baffle is perfect. It still idles kinda loud, but it's a deep loudness. Ever hear Rineharts on a Harley? Real similar with the stock baffle.

·
Registered
3 Posts

The ceramic does not "suck" and its not "super thin". If a bike is not tuned right, i.e. jetting or a power commander etc, then it can run lean and ruin the coating on any pipe.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
The ceramic does not "suck" and its not "super thin". If a bike is not tuned right, i.e. jetting or a power commander etc, then it can run lean and ruin the coating on any pipe.
So out of everything that's being said in this thread you the represenitive for pcs choose to comment on the coating post instead of trying to help explain the delay in shipping or defend your customer service?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have my dyno slip with air/fuel ratio posted in the dyno slip thread. It's far from lean. My coating lasted two months before it started peeling... I didn't want another crappy ceramic job so I paid $300 for jet hot to do it. Perfect now. ALOT THICKER. Been four months and no peeling.... That's proof...

Plus there are SEVERAL other members on here with the same problem...

·
Administrator
28,212 Posts
You might not realize it, but PCS is NOT a vendor here and is posting and participating as a fellow member, therefore cannot sell or conduct business in the forums. Knowing PCS I'm sure the OP is being kept in the loop and if more info is needed the OP can contact PCS for answers.

So out of everything that's being said in this thread you the represenitive for pcs choose to comment on the coating post instead of trying to help explain the delay in shipping or defend your customer service?

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
I bought one of their seats and had great customer service. Got it faster than they said and then I was late shipping mine back (got stuck in a corner) and they charged my card as it clearly said in the agreement. Called them up, told them what happened and shipped mine back, they credited my card the full amount (which it says they won't if its late) no questions asked. Can't ask for anymore than that IMO.

Great seat too!

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
You might not realize it, but PCS is NOT a vendor here and is posting and participating as a fellow member, therefore cannot sell or conduct business in the forums. Knowing PCS I'm sure the OP is being kept in the loop and if more info is needed the OP can contact PCS for answers.
My mistake for assuming that pacific coast star was a company and not a member.......and corporations are citizens.....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just to update the post. I received my pipes a couple of weeks ago. I guess there was a computer error at PCS that they explained to me. So basically, yes the pipes took quite a bit longer than I expected them to take but everytime I called they were happy to explain everything to me. I got exactly what I ordered which was a Monster Propipe that I had them shorten which took a little more time which I knew going in. I think total time was nearly 6 weeks. No biggie now as they are on the bike and I love them.

As far as how the coating holds up time will tell. I followed their instructions included in with the pipes as to how to finish curing the coating. And I am running the Cobra Autotune so running to lean is not a issue. All in all besides the delays they were not bad to deal with.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts