RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge 23Q1! Enter your bike HERE
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Vegas area wanna ride to Death Valley tomorrow? I'm in town last minute and rented a.BMW R18 Bagger. PM me and

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too far away for me :p ..... but have a lot of fun and ride safe.
Please post some pics for us.
Funny there were two German guys renting Harleys when I picked up the BMW.

Reactions: Thommy_STC

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ran up to the mountain springs saloon for dinner of sorts. It was 34掳 when i came out and there was frost on the bike so this is the best photo I got for now.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: Heftysmurf

Premium Member
'04' Warrior - Super Fine Metallic Black

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty sure, they where aware of that trip way earlier :D:p and had time to plan ;)
Well, and it is so common that European bikers want to do a US road trip on HD bikes.
I like the pic of that bagger. 馃憤
Yeah we had a laugh about each other's choice of bikes

Reactions: Thommy_STC

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here are a few shots from today. Did over 400 miles on the bike in 24 hours. It could have been about 20掳 warmer, but the heated grips and seat saved my ass literally. I have been considering a bagger for a few years and this bike will go on the short list if I ever get around to pulling the trigger. The warrior will of course stay!
I saw snow within 30 minutes of Las Vegas and water in the bottom of Death Valley.
Sky Cloud Automotive tire Vehicle Mountain

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was there just this past weekend. Put my dollar on the wall.
Looked but couldn't find it! Ive been to a number of places with dollars on the wall, but never seen this many.
Forehead Temple Flash photography Wood Brick

[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
This is great, we get to share your ride and be all jealous. There's a wolf's-butt of snow piled up a couple feet here, and it's been slowly melting but now it's about to snow more freaking frak fritter fugly weather. Great pics. Makes me smile!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like a heck of a machine, the 1800cc Boxer bagger. You should do Scotty's Castle.
I became a member of the 130mph club on that ride ;)
I didn't have time to get that far north, but I did get thru Badwater basin to Furnace Creek.
I tried for 130, but the bike was governed and the highest I got was 117 it handled it well and had lots of power left.

Reactions: random_guy

Premium Member
Looked but couldn't find it! Ive been to a number of places with dollars on the wall, but never seen this many. View attachment 259014
Did the Vegas to DV ride 4 years ago in December and it started to snow going over the pass, never got warm until Death Valley. RE: dollar bills, been to the Oatman Hotel on Route 66 in AZ? Another fun ride, watch out for the burros though.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did the Vegas to DV ride 4 years ago in December and it started to snow going over the pass, never got warm until Death Valley. RE: dollar bills, been to the Oatman Hotel on Route 66 in AZ? Another fun ride, watch out for the burros though.
Yup did the Oatman ride in October on a HD lowrider ST. such a great ride over the mountain I did it 3 times but the tolls were killer.

Attachments

Reactions: catchinganupshift
1 - 20 of 21 Posts