RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've decided to let my Warrior go and switch to adventure biking. I started riding longer distances as well as on gravel and dirt roads a lot more this year, and that isn't a good feeling on the Warrior.

It's been fun, and I figure I'll continue riding it from time to time around town on nice days until it sells.

Also, been a great community here at the RS Warrior forums. I think I'll even transfer my gremlin bell to my new bike, even though it's not a Warrior.

Safe travels, see y'all out on the road/trails!

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,910 Posts
You know, Milkman ran across Europe on mud tires for the decade-plus he was working out of Russia. He proved how to mod the bike for it. And proved it works great. We all followed his exploits!

Plus add to that this image: we know the Warrior wheelies so all you need is spinach to popeye your upper body then roll up and jump the back mud tire onto the rock and twist REALLY HARD and gun it!

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although a Warrior on knobbies would definitely be unique, I don't think I would call it an ideal setup lol.

I could see it working well enough on maintained gravel or dirt roads, but the short travel of the suspension and low ground clearance would be problematic for some places I've been going.

If I get no interest in it, maybe though....:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
'04' Warrior - Super Fine Metallic Black
9,351 Posts
My friends 2019 BMW 1200 GS Adventure holds 33 liters (8.7 gal) 😏 and All the latest amenities including navigation
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2003 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
1,232 Posts
Although a Warrior on knobbies would definitely be unique, I don't think I would call it an ideal setup lol.

I could see it working well enough on maintained gravel or dirt roads, but the short travel of the suspension and low ground clearance would be problematic for some places I've been going.

If I get no interest in it, maybe though....:ROFLMAO:
Surely ( no I’m not calling you Shirley ) you could mod up some half tracks for the rear and a skid for the front. Or or or how about a mod where you put outriggers on either side of the bike for those really wet roads.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My friends 2019 BMW 1200 GS Adventure holds 33 liters (8.7 gal) 😏 and All the latest amenities including navigation
I picked up a 2015 F800GS Adventure about a month back or so. It's as kitted out as I'd like it to be, and I enjoy the offroad capabilities. Put over 2000 miles on it over the last two weeks.

Buddy of mine rides a R1250GS Adventure, and while it is a really nice bike, it's a bit more cumbersome off the pavement than mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts