RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I said I was going to ride my warrior until my parts came in for recall but have had a change of mind. Maybe the chances are slim but I got to thinking that old "what if" line of thinking. "What if" I am riding with friends and am up front when a lock up happens.."What If" my friend or friends cannot react in time and avoid me?..."What if" my irresponsibility causes grave harm or even death to someone other than myself? From what I hear the lock ups happen on downshifting and me having a built engine just seems to make the odds a little more risky. I think I shall play it safe and just keep her parked safely in the garage until my parts come in.....Hopefully soon.

Please keep all Tranny Related Topics in the proper forum. "Total Recall"

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I'm riding mine, only have 450 miles on a "new" 02. I want to at least get the motor to the break in point before the dealer calls me wanting the bike.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Can't wait for Yamaha to come up with the parts. Bought my bike (2002) last December, drove 50 kms and it started to snow. It eas only 6 Celcius this weekend but I put another 100kms on her. Sweet ride. My belief is that when the parts arrive it will be time and not before.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mine happens to be disabled at this time (by choice) so I can't ride anyway. I respect your "What if" theory. It's not worth it to me. My wife and kids are more important no matter how minute the chance.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I will continue to ride mine until the parts come in if they ever do...lol
The chances of my tranny locking up are ZERO...lol There are way too many people on here that have many many more miles than me (I'm close to 5K) so I am not worried one bit. I am more worried about the a-hole that might T-bone me...NOT...lol. You only once and I'm having fun in my life time.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Roadtribe

Well I said I was going to ride my warrior until my parts came in for recall but have had a change of mind. Maybe the chances are slim but I got to thinking that old "what if" line of thinking. "What if" I am riding with friends and am up front when a lock up happens.."What If" my friend or friends cannot react in time and avoid me?..."What if" my irresponsibility causes grave harm or even death to someone other than myself? From what I hear the lock ups happen on downshifting and me having a built engine just seems to make the odds a little more risky. I think I shall play it safe and just keep her parked safely in the garage until my parts come in.....Hopefully soon.

I commend you on your choice to be safe, rather than the possibility of being sorry. Also for taking a pragmatic view of the situation. Your bike will get fixed, hang in there.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I've ridden it for almost 15k miles and I'm going to keep riding it. All of a sudden there's something wrong with the bike? Nothing wrong with playing it safe though. If you don't feel comfortable then follow your instinct.

NJW

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I have 23k and will ride when I want, if I die, I die and in case it happens before I get back here, smoke a few tires for me [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I never played it safe in my life, I think "safe" is boring. I can't even decide if playing it safe leads to a long life of just makes regular life seem longer.

·
Registered
345 Posts
"What if" the mechanic fixing your bike screws something up when reassembling the bike. I am a little more concerned about the after fix than I am about it now.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm riding every day. It's only 6 miles to my job, but I ride there each day. (OK, when it's pouring rain I take one of the cars.) I've gone 15,000 miles with no problems on this Warrior, I'm just not worried. In 39 years of riding I've had my Kawasaki H2 center cylinder seize on the freeway at 100+, my Honda 900F go into a speed wobble at 120+ and countless idiot cagers try to kill me. If my Warrior tranny locks up, I'll deal with it. All I know is it will kill me NOT to ride.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
modding away. thanks to the recall i'm now broke. my signature is changing as iw comes back together. have a handful of goodies comming this week... like x-mas all over again! it IS pretty encouraging to hear parts are starting to trickle in. i'm 5th on the list so hopefully its not too long.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rode yesturday, rode today, planning on riding tomarrow. Playing it safe is very smart, I've never been accused of being smart. lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been told unofficially by two different Yamaha dealers to keep riding it. Neither were aware of any warriors that have had trannys lock-up. I did a 200 miles trip this past weekend and a good part of it on the NJ Parkway and I have much more concern of other riding factors than a half hearted quasi transmission recall.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts