1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.
I would like to have an answer to my question:
'Shall I buy the Roadstar Warrior?'
I am in love with the bike but money is tight and I was thinking that an Honda CB1300 would be a nice buy as well.
I live in the UK and a Warrior costs about US$13,500 while a CB1300 costs 'only' US$9,300. It also promises to have excellent torque and power even if it does not look half as good as the Warrior.
Please help me make the RIGHT choice!!
Thks

*moved to general discussion by carknee

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
LuST,

Money is something you have to decide on. But in terms of which bike.. well, I think Warrior is by far a superior bike. Well, I am biased since I have one. But you know, you can look into buying a used/New one form the US with say 500 miles or so on it for about $8K and have it shipped to UK for another $700 or so. You save a ton of money. There are plenty of people here that can help you. Where abouts in UK do you live? I lived in IpSwitch and Exeter for a while..

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Never settle for second best. Like Bismarck mentioned. There are plenty of second hand Warrior's you can pick up for short $$$.

·
Registered
775 Posts
If it is for money and power, you'll get more advantage with the Honda, it is a lot cheaper and more power, But the beauty and personality of the Warrior makes the difference.
It is a personal preference, IMHO[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bismark I live in London. Getting a warrior in the US is difficult because of the insurance over here. They don't like inported bikes!
I am trying to do some math on what money I'd need to have my dream bike:
what would it cost to add a bit more hps and have chrome exhausts, handle bar?
I'm not a tech and don't know everything I'll need to get to my dream!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I would recommend you go with the Yamaha Stage IV Speedstar kit. The new pipe looks great and the price has been reduced. You can get a kit from US for around $2700. The kit is complete and comes with all that you need. You can probably get it in UK also. It is the surest bet. It will give you 105HP and 133ft-lbs of Torque. You will be very happy. I have seen bikes with even 107HP with that kit when they also get the PCIII. And you do not need to worry about things not fitting right or the kit not being complete. Trust me on this one, I have been through the whole 9 yards (as we say here in US).

Handle bars and stuff are all listed in the 2003 Catalog if youa relooking for Yamaha ones. They have several options. Look in the gallery of the forum you cna get other ideas. Well, if you get the Warrior you will have a very unique bike in UK, not that many of them there and heck you will have a larger motor than most cars there. If you do not have access to Yamaha Accessories catalog, you can go the North America YAmaha Web site, they have all of the accessories listed there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info Bismark,
this website is one more good reason to have a Warrior.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks everyone for your help (and to carknee to put my message ina more suitable place).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the board, LuST. I bought a 500cc Velocette Thruxton at Shepards Bush and brought it back to the states years ago. It was Great Bike, just as the Warrior inspires and performs very well. Real character! Excellent big twin power, not quite sportbike level, yet all one really needs. The Warrior stops and handles well in contrast to other cruisers. It is a gas to ride slowly or fast. Folks gather around it at restaurants and have even followed me home to ask about Warrior's. All the best to London, a fabulous city.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Lust my friend it is all in what you feel. We all love the Warriorbut we all understandd the economics of some choices. Make your choice and be proud either way

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys,
I think it's a question of 'sense and sensibility', mind and heart.
I know that if I get the CB1300, I'll enjoy myself and get a nice riding experience. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.
If I get the Warrior... sleepless nights, mad savings to make her prettier and prettier... pure enjoyiable madness!

·
Registered
91 Posts
All for your "precioussssss"...hey, I am getting married in July, and just went and bought a Warrior (shhhh, she doesn't know how much it cost......) I have only been able to ride her once (the bike that is) becuase of the snow, but I know I made the right choice. Great looks, all the power...and you look sooo cool rinding one!!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Lust, get out why you still can, man! We have many ways of putting you in the poor house. Before you know it you will be discovering all sorts of things you have to absolutely have, that you didn't even know you needed.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Lust,

Reading your posts it sounds like the Honda would be acceptable to you, but that you really WANT the Warrior. Either bike means a substantial investment. Live for the day! Get the Warrior! Every now and then you have to please yourself.

·
Registered
91 Posts
DeWarrior hit it right on the head. As someone that owned a bike that he never should have bought..trust me, you will end up spending more money trying to make it something it is not.....follow your heart and buy what you truly see yourself riding!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts