RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new Warrior owner here. I figure this question is a worn out but, what is the best option for a quick detach windshield (looks and quality)? I love the no windshield look, but I have a few day trips planned and I need to sacrifice some looks for a little comfort (but not permanently). Any pics you have would be great. Thanks![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a Memphis Shade 15 inch, I will get in a few days and let you know how it looks and how easy it is to detach! My buddys with diff. bikes same shade, say its comes off in a sec.. So will see!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have seen a picture of one made specifically for the Warrior, not my Yammaha either. It is as tall as the Memphis shades one, but fits more to the lines of the Warrior, so it does not look like you strapped on a sheet of plastic. I will see if I can find a link to it and then post it here for ya. It's the one I want, I just had forgotten about it till now

·
Premium Member
8,871 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have the memphis shades windshield. I believe it is the slim 17 inch, with their version of a quick detach. Just crack open four allen screws-takes about 30 seconds and it is off. I like it, but it doesn't look great-then again no shield does on a warrior. Just use it for long trips. I had a ton of buffeting until I got my corbin seat, it must have put me at adifferentheight becuase now it is perfect. Paid 60 bucks off ebay.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Davan, are you sure you want the fly shield? My buddy Hyungster has one on his warrior and it is very small. I dont know if it blocks any wind but maybe a few flys!

I agree with Arizona Warrior! I too have the Yamaha Boulevard windshieldcan say thatit is a really easy to take on and off my bike.

48.1KB

·
Registered
252 Posts
WHOA! never seen that one actually on a bike before! That looks alot nicer then the flyscreen! Is it available in black?! I am going to start looking for it now!

Oh, I have lowered bars... almost drag bars. Thats why I was liking the flyscreen so much. How much cutting do you think the Yamaha Boulevard windshieldwould need?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Check with Riverat. He has a boulevard windshild that is black and chopped down. I dont think they come in black as a factory option though.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Here is another one on Unklbob (perviously went as Badbob) warrior. Sorry about bad picture! Itwas the only one I could find in a pinch but you get the idea! As you can see, beside deflecting wind, it also helps keep the juicy bugs off of you too!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
kichigai said:
Davan, are you sure you want the fly shield? My buddy Hyungster has one on his warrior and it is very small. I dont know if it blocks any wind but maybe a few flys!

I agree with Arizona Warrior! I too have the Yamaha Boulevard windshieldcan say thatit is a really easy to take on and off my bike.

48.1KB

Are you running the Yami Double T bars and where does the wind hit you with this shield? I was looking at the sport tec for a shield but maybe the Yami looks better.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I have the Cruiser Performance CP1120 bars on my bike with 8" riseand13" pullback. I think the wind goes just over my head at 5' 4". I do know that it does take considerable amount of pressure off my chest. It also releaves me from having such a death grip on my bars on windy rides. I found out the hard way, when I loaned my shield to a fellow warrior rider on our ride back from Tahoe. My brother in law IBDLAW who is about 6' 4" also has one on hiswarrior and saids that he likes histoo!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got the wind sheild you can see the pics on my profile. I dont think it looks half bad. I do agree a wind sheild on a warrior is kind dumb, but when work is 50 plus miles in a day, it helps. Check it out let me know what ya think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just put a Memphis Shades Big Shot on my Warrior last night. It really makes the bike a lot more comfortable to ride at speed. It was easy to install and looks good on the Warrior. The wind goes just over my helmet and buffeting is minimal. Not a Goldwing or even a Statoliner, but way better than no windshield at all.

Tom Brestel

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm looking to put the boulevard windshield on my warrior i need to know does it do the job by keeping the wind off your chest thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
on the green said:
I'm looking to put the boulevard windshield on my warrior i need to know does it do the job by keeping the wind off your chest thanks for any help

I'm 6'-1" and my bike is lowered 2" in the rear. The Boulevard did keep the wind off my chest, but pushed it up into my face. It looks good, but I had to let it go. It was bad enough w/o a helmet. When I got a helmet on, it felt like someone was throwing my head around!

·
Registered
21 Posts
on the green said:
If you have ridden with no shield in a headwind for any distance and then compare with the boulevard installed, it is a night and day difference. I have the boulevard installed because of my 25 mile one way commute, and figured that I would remove on weekends etc... since it had a pretty low profile it didn't take away from the look of the bike. It's helped so much I may just leave it on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the memphis shades also (21 inch). It goes on/off very quick with the fork mounted brackets. Although this is fine before and after a ride, this windshield channels the wind straight into my face and the buffeting is the worst I've ever experienced. I'm only 5'10 so you would think it wouldn't be a problem. After a 2 hour ride last Sat my neck was sore just from the severe buffeting. I hate riding with windshield anyway but you gotta have one sometimes. Does anyone have a windshield that actually blocks the wind? If so what type? I need to find something that works.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts