RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with this.
The engine light came on, I did a diagnostic and received the following codes D1 01 17, is this a throttle sensor problem or something else. what is the next best thing to do or check?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Leader Deuce, I can see all the codes on your list but it looks like there is no reference to code '17' just numbers either side.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
The 01 is the TPS sensor and the 17 i think is the value of the sensor. Might need to check the TPS resistance to see if it is within range.

·
Administrator
27,737 Posts
Keeping this separate:
If the 'check engine' light stays illuminated then the error code is a current error. If it goes out then the error may have self-corrected. If it goes out then you can follow the service manual instructions to erase all codes in history, then see if the code returns. If it does not return then it self-corrected.

·
Administrator
27,737 Posts
Of course, you are right, he's in diagnostic mode, good job Gilly! There is a spot in the manual that says its more important that these diagnostic values increase smoothly when tested while turning the throttle. But '17' is within the original range for idle. The TPS electrical meter readings are a little different between the pre-recall and post-recall TPS's and also possibly between the early and late model year TPS's but that should not matter for this.

Looks like erasing old codes from memory is the way to go. See if it returns to memory. See if the light comes back on.

I've heard over the years that some other countries like South Africa use different sensors so use some of the missing error code numbers and don't use some that are typical to most countries. I got excited at the prospect of stumbling across more about that potential. Not gonna happen this time tho!

The 01 is the TPS sensor and the 17 i think is the value of the sensor. Might need to check the TPS resistance to see if it is within range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys are great, thanks for the heads up on this problem. Time to do some checking out on the machine.
Thanks again all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts