RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced battery and it fired up but a few days later it would not start. None of the regular sounds during start up are present. Just a fierce clicking from the solenoid. Swapped the fuses out but made no difference. Photos and video attached. Also the bike was recently in a wreck also. Laid it down but not too badly.
Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Cable Auto part Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Finger Electrical wiring Bumper

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,014 Posts
If you replaced the battery with the battery having the correct or better specifications, and two days later its under-voltage (as evidenced by the relay clicking but not powering the starter), then you need to inspect for (1) parasitic battery drain, (2) both ends of the POS and NEG battery cables for connection cleanliness and for tightness, (3) proper operation of the decompression solenoid, and (4) click-of-death (COD) conditions. Also take note if the motor was turned off with the handlebar off switch but the key was not turned off (the headlight drains the battery quickly).

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,014 Posts
Keeping this separate from above:
Check the battery box / relay well for water (the drains might be plugged). Also disconnect and clean all electrical connectors inside the battery box and relay well plus the electrical connectors inside the headlight bucket.

Due to bike being crashed recently, also look into physical areas impacted, and repair any pulled or damaged wires or connectors with an eye out for direct shorts to frame or brackets or other bits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keeping this separate from above:
Check the battery box / relay well for water (the drains might be plugged). Also disconnect and clean all electrical connectors inside the battery box and relay well plus the electrical connectors inside the headlight bucket.

Due to bike being crashed recently, also look into physical areas impacted, and repair any pulled or damaged wires or connectors with an eye out for direct shorts to frame or brackets or other bits.
Thanks for giving me a good starting point. I'll check all these things tomorrow. I think my friend has a battery tender I can hook up to. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts