RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i dropped my bike off i asked how much would an oil change cost? I figured might as well since it was already there for the C.P.S recall. The parts guy quoted me $41.00 at drop off. When i picked it up he said that will be $72.00, i asked him why so much .He said that the oil and filter were not included in the quote. I paid and left kinda bent! If it was you would you go back and ask for a $32.00 refund??? At one point he also told me that the recall work was done 4 free, well no Sh9t.Oh and this was at the dealership.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think I would go drag him over the counter and let him know how you really feel. But that's just me.

quote:Originally posted by crazy_train

When i dropped my bike off i asked how much would an oil change cost? I figured might as well since it was alredy there for the C.P.S recall. The parts guy quoted me $41.00 at drop off. When i picked it up he said that will be $72.00, i asked him why so much .He said that the oil and filter were not included in the quote. I paid and left kinda bent! If it was you would you go back and ask for a $32.00 refund??? At one point he also told me that the recall work was done 4 free, well no Sh9t.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by crazy_train

Yea, isit petty of me to go back 4 the 30 bucks?

I'd get more than that back...the Yamaha Recall bulliten states that they have to drain the oil for the recall....Surely they aren't putting the old oil back in....They owe you for the oil..Only thing I'd pay for is the filter...They'll probably charge you about 15.00 for it.

Give me your email address and I'll send you the recall notice PDF from Yamaha.

Dealers suck...No way they were getting my bike for the CPS recall...I bought the parts for about 20.00.

Page 7 in the Recall instructions that states they are being reimbursed for the oil....Don't let em tell you Yamaha isn't paying them enough, That's between them and Yamaha.

Insert Image:

52.91KB

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The first time i bought yamalube and a filter it was about $40.00. That was without them changing it. Now i buy Mobil 1 V-Twin and a filter and change the oil myself. I am totally done with the incompetent stealership touching my bike. Just my .02 cents. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Here you go, not sure why the email of the pdf gets rejected....It's 9 pages...., I was mistaken, the page above is actually page 9 of the pdf.

Bear with me folks...hope they are readable.

Insert Image:

31.77KB

Insert Image:

39.31KB

Insert Image:

48.27KB

Insert Image:

36.69KB

Insert Image:

29.69KB

Insert Image:

27.89KB

Insert Image:

32.34KB

Insert Image:

26.54KB

Insert Image:

30.97KB

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
crazy_train.... not to add salt to the wound but your mistake was paying more than you agreed to. They quoted $41.00 [:0] quote:Originally posted by crazy_train

When i dropped my bike off i asked how much would an oil change cost? I figured might as well since it was already there for the C.P.S recall. The parts guy quoted me $41.00 at drop off. When i picked it up he said that will be $72.00, i asked him why so much .He said that the oil and filter were not included in the quote. I paid and left kinda bent! If it was you would you go back and ask for a $32.00 refund??? At one point he also told me that the recall work was done 4 free, well no Sh9t.Oh and this was at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Same happened to me. Quote was $40 dollars for synthetic oil, $12 for filter. When I picked the bike up the bill was $138. After some choice words they realized they charged me labor for the oil change which should have been included with the recall so they took off 40 dollars. Then the $46 dollar difference in parts were $75 for oil $15 for filter and $8 for a new drain plug. After more arguing the service mgr. met me half way and I ended up paying $78. I still feel they got me but I think at least did the recall correctly.

·
Registered
319 Posts
They had to drain the oil to perform the recall. Any charge for your oil change should have been covered. I would see someone a little higher up on the chain of command and politely request a refund of my F#$%in money[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] [|)]

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
Gentlemen, it's not necessary to dump the engine oil to replace the CPS when removing the clutch cover.

With the bike on a lift and level maybe 1/2 qt [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
When I had my recalls done here in the UK I was told that they put the old oil back in unless you pay for new oil. I ended up paying for the oil and filter but not for labor.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by AlanH

Gentlemen, it's not necessary to dump the engine oil to replace the CPS when removing the clutch cover.

With the bike on a lift and level maybe 1/2 qt [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

That's true but the recall steps state to drain the engine oil. and they also indicate that the dealer will be reimbursed for oil. That tells me Yamaha intends for the oil to be drained and CHANGED, not reused....No way would I pay for it.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I asked the dealer how much oil they lose when doing this recall. He said 1 quart. So I brought him a quart to top it off with. No charge involved. I did check the oil level went I got home it was right on.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
+1 no reason you should have to pay for anything other than a filter.My freind is having a yamaha tech come to his garage to do the recalls on both of our bikes so I have no need to worry.It will be done with us helping. quote:Originally posted by sleepylineback

They had to drain the oil to perform the recall. Any charge for your oil change should have been covered. I would see someone a little higher up on the chain of command and politely request a refund of my F#$%in money[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] [|)]

·
Registered
433 Posts
I hate to hear these stealership stories an oh I have mine too. But here in arizona we have Bikers Bay and they do oil changes 54 bucks no matter what you ride. It kills the Harley dealers who hate them.Its better for all of us though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
****, Call Yamaha. I had a problem with a Dealership with the CPS recall. Called Yamaha. The problem was taken care of and the Service writer that lied to me is no longer at that dealership.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes the recall involves draining the oil in the engine, but not the oil tank. The recall includes 2 quarts of oil, not the whole 5 and since it doesn't include draining the tank they feel free to charge some labor as well.

That being said, the time to argue your point was when you picked the bike up. The same thing happened to me for the recall but I stood my ground in the dervice department. I ended up getting the whole oil change for free, didn't even have to pay for the filter. I guess the moral of the story is to stand up for yourself when you are in the right. I don't understand the concept of getting a quote, get charged double, pay it without qualms, then complain about it and ask for advice on the internet.

So I guess my answer is no, I wouldn't go back and ask for a refund becuase I wouldn't gave paid the extra to begin with.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts