RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the recall done. Re-installed Amospro custom map. Bike throttle response and acceleration not as crisp as before.

Something to be expected?

I plan on going in for a custom map shortly. Hopefully it will improve things.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Might just be the engine reseating itself. You might give it a few miles then get the map so everything is settled.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Chief, I thought it was only me. I have a flat spot (hiccup) just off idle that was definitely not there before. I didnt think I would have to reload the map. I guess I better check it out. Let me know if you find a cure.

Tim

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
one thing to check is that the pciii is correctly re-connected. mine was not. but it's on honest mistake as the mechanic just hooked up white to white and black to black, as you would normally expect, but the pciii is white to black and black to white. if you were able to reload the map then it must be installed correctly, but everyone else should check.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Timmymorg

Chief, I thought it was only me. I have a flat spot (hiccup) just off idle that was definitely not there before. I didnt think I would have to reload the map. I guess I better check it out. Let me know if you find a cure.

Tim

Gents,

The map should not ever have to be reloaded. If youre worried about the pc losing the map due to the battery being disconnected, here is an excerpt from dynojets website:

Q: If I disconnect my battery will the Power Commander lose its map?
A: No, all Power Commanders utilize a nonvolatile memory (it does not require constant power to maintain it). The only way a map can be "erased" is to use a computer to load a new one in place of it.

Hope this helps!!

Dave

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Warrior Dave,

Interesting info. I have also noticed the following error codes
I believe they may have originated after I did a wash of the bike. I have the manual so I know what these codes mean.
I am though having some difficulty removing the error codes. The manual says to do diagnostic code 62. It doesn't tell you how to peform this task.
Anyway, I rode today, engine light re-appeared. Went home, tried to erase the code (thinking the old one was still in the ECU). Planning on dyno this Saturday. I hope the error codes were related to the bike washing. I had experienced this problem before the recall work when I had washed the bike.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Chief

Warrior Dave,

I am though having some difficulty removing the error codes. The manual says to do diagnostic code 62. It doesn't tell you how to peform this task.

Chief,

I'm sure that someone on here has had the same thing before and might be able to tell you how to run the diagnostics on it. Worse comes to worse, the guys at the dynojet facility may be able to help you out - of course it will wind up costing you a few bucks. I'm pretty sure that the throttle sensor short code probably has to do with the wash. I would let the bike dry out for a few days and see if those codes go away or not. I have lucked out so far and have not had difficulties associated with washing the bike (knocking on wood), but I know that quite a few people on here have. Its not uncommon. Sorry I couldnt be of more help, but it sounds like whatever you got is probably a quick fix - i.e. letting the bike's electronics dry out. Sometimes it takes a few days for all of the moisture to evaporate. Especially if its "trapped" in the wire connections.

Dave

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Dave. Just followed Twisted instructions on erasing the error codes. I'll ride before Saturday to see if the engine light comes on again. I suspect the reason it came on today was because the error code had not been erased. I washed the bike Saturday. Today is Wed. I would think it would have dried out by then.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Chief,
I remember how frustrated I was until I finally figured out how to reset the error code. That's why I posted the procedure :^)
Twisted

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mac,
They re-used my original rings. No break in for me. I'm gonna hook up to the PC tonight to see if everything is connected properly.

Tim

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If new rings were installed, should I wait until there are more miles on the motor before Dyno tuning?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Timmy, WHY ??

Chief, I would. How many miles after recall.
I would get at least 600 miles before dyno time.

Some do break in on the dyno, but there's no point if you can ride it.

Kyle

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Timmymorg

Mac,
They re-used my original rings. No break in for me. I'm gonna hook up to the PC tonight to see if everything is connected properly.

Tim

Huh? Aren't rings part of the recall kit? And, why weren't they replaced if it isn't?

That doesn't sound right...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts