RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed over the past few months that our gallery had slowly grown to 41 pages and then the other day it dropped back down to 39 pages? It seemed to happen within a few hours? Are we starting to loose some members?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I think it is just the time of the year,holidays, winter and the lack of any real riding certainly in the northeast

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I think you are right that the weather and the lack of riding time and events take its toll of the numbers. when you ride less there are fewer things to write about. Although now is the time for major mods. Send pictures.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
quote:Originally posted by msm698

I've noticed over the past few months that our gallery had slowly grown to 41 pages and then the other day it dropped back down to 39 pages? It seemed to happen within a few hours? Are we starting to loose some members?

What's the overall total ???

Kyle

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Think about it. In reality how many members do we have that have 1) Sold their Warrior. 2) Are members who own Warrior's, but do not participate or are non active. 3) Sign up and never come back. 4) Sign up to sell products 5) Sign up, pretend they own. 6) Sign up wanting to own, asking questions then disappearing.

Quite Frankly, membership participation might be at 25% if we are very lucky. The rest of the folks are wasting and taking up much web space that our active members could use. There is a lot of cleaning up to do on Carknee's end. It is time to start dissolving those folks mentioned above. Of course send out notifications by email would be considerate, but why? Especially since they do not bother with our site.

Ed

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
i'm sure the weather is a major factor, but ed is right on. there are alot of people selling (happens every year) and there are alot of inactive people on here. when i look thru the member list or the gallery even, there are MANY names i've never seen in the threads. Dissolve away! all i ask is that you please dont dissolve me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

2) Are members who own Warrior's, but do not participate or are non active. It is time to start dissolving those folks mentioned above. Of course send out notifications by email would be considerate, but why? Especially since they do not bother with our site.
Ed

I post rarely these days because we've worn out the clever tech mod ideas. I have not seen a advanced thinking mod in months, just folks slapping on pipes and cutt'in seats. Boring! And that's why I'm not posting regular. I do have a couple more trick shift mods up my sleeve and will post in the new year.

Point is, check before you make the cuts and if the POSTS are valuable, then leave the user. No decent posts, then blast at will. Under the current thinking you would have clipped me for not posting, and wiped out a lot of mods and research I dropped on this site in the process. Not good.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Not True Pursuvant. I know who you are from our history together through these forums and I respect your positive input on the forum. You are not even close to being one of those who would get dissolved if it were ever to happen. Might even be able to decide who gets dissolved by as simple as checking log in frequency. If a member has not logged on the site in 12 months there is a good chance they are not going to anytime soon. By dissolving one's membership does not mean very valuable information that was posted by the dissolved member is going to disappear. This is not Delphi. If anyone understands how it feels to have your complete history dissolved/deleted its me.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Just out of curiousity, how do you quit the site? I thought about it at one point, but didn't see a way to do it. Maybe some folks don't WANT to be members anymore, but don't know how to quit.
Just a thought.
Joe

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Peeeaaase! I don't want to be disolved.....Sorry, just a little cabin fever. All this reading about how you poor guys south of the border sometimes have to wait weeks at a time without riding. But I'm not bitter.....really!

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I wouldnt necessarily delete someone for not posting but I think its perfectly reasonable that if a person hasnt logged in say 6 to 12 months they could be deleted. My brother logged in many months back just to flame and Im fairly sure his chaps wearing hardley ridin arse wont be back any time soon, accounts like that should disappear

·
Registered
739 Posts
dissolved!?!?!?!? sounds like something from a sci-fi movie!!!!

i probably spead more time reading than i do posting. i have a hard time just posting a comment like "wow, looks good" or "good idea" just to make it look like i still have a pulse. i'll ususally only post if i have something to offer to the conversation.

just my $.02 , please don't dissolve me for my comments though. i think any person under 50 posts should be contacted to determine whether or not they are going to participate. don't hear anything in a week, axe'em.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wonder if there's a way to place the members who are inactive on this site into some sort of folder? Given a certain amount of time to
reactivate their acct or be terminated.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I don't know how much space is needed or even wasted on inactive members, but as far as these forums go, I have been reading through some of the older ones and it seems to be usefull sometimes. To me anyway. Maybe there is a way or a place to put inactive members in a compressed or stored file. Maybe have an archived area for old topics. I think a few of the topics are no longer needed though. Maybe archive the better ones or just the ones that are about mechanical, technical, or accesories.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
quote:Originally posted by lowlife

I wonder if there's a way to place the members who are inactive on this site into some sort of folder? Given a certain amount of time to
reactivate their acct or be terminated.

Or just send them an email and give them a 10-20 notice.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
A member doesnt really take up too much space; it is only one record in a database. The number of members (or records in the "members database") in this site is really not that big in the world of databases. When we have 5,000 non-posting members then I will worry about killing old accounts.

However, if the person registers, never makes a single post, but uploads his .4MB of images he is wasting space. I will probably add in some code to set the quota at 1 picture until they have 50 posts, then they can upload .4MB.

CarKnee

1 - 20 of 23 Posts