RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is the situation. I was stationed in Va and had to wear a uni into work so I let my bike sit for a few months while I was in school there. When i was about to PCS the bike was dead (as expected) and I had to jump it. So, I jumped the bike and it sputtered for about 2-3 mins. and cut off. I thought it was kind of weird so i tried starting it again and got nothing...the bike is dead now in my garage and now that I'm finally unpacked I'd like to start riding again. So, do i need a new batt? Did I fry something? Is it just old gas? I'm not sure but I don't want to keep jumping it to figure the problem out.

·
Registered
747 Posts
chances are you probably just need to recharge the battery. I dont think the battery gets charged when it's just idling, meaning the alternator probably is making just barely enough juice to keep the engine running at idle. I've had the same problem when my battery was dead. I recharged it and everything was fine. I'd try that first.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
When the battery went dead in mine, the tach and speedo would blink. And like you stated, it ran bad. That is putting it mildly. A new battery and all was/is well.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Charge that battery and let us know if that fixes the problem. FYI when ever the battery is dead it needs to be recharged with a good battery charger. The alternator will charge the battery (to certain extent) but when it is very hard on the alternator and can cause it to fail prematurely.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
A little shot of Seafoam wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Strife is right. The alternator will not charge the battery at idle. You don't need plugs or seafoam. You just need a fully charged battery. The gas will not go bad in a few momonths. You should have put the battery on a trickle charger before it was stored. Just charge the battery on a charger and you should be fine. Don't waste your money on a new battery just yet.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
It's possible you blew your main fuse if you have nothing working at all..... If you jumpered the dead MC battery with an automobile/truck with the engine running it's possible you have done some further damage to the Warrior electrical system.

Fuse Locations:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts