RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry Carknee, coz you reacted so helpfully to my last request for subscriptions I'm gonna have to raise another usability thing. Please feel free to tell me that you have got better things to do with your time!

In the year I have been a member of this site I have not yet voted for a Warrior of the month as its a time consuming process to choose one. Here are some ideas of stuff that might make it easier for people:

problem: I keep trying to vote for users who have made less than 50 posts.
resolution: have a visual indicator next to the users names in the thumbnails in the gallery section to show users who have made more than 50 posts.

problem: I am looking through the other votes and its too hard/takes too long to navigate to the users bike to see if I agree with them.
resolution: there are a number of possibilities. Option 1, add some html options in the compose message so that user names can be hyperlinked to the gallery. Option 2, modify the member search so that you can go to the users profile or gallery or each users gallery/profile have links to each other.

problem: I know whose bike I want to look at in the gallery but they are on page 6 of the letter R which will take about 5 minutes to get to coz of my dodgy internet connection.
resolution: Add a field at the top so that you can directly enter a username.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
quote:problem: I know whose bike I want to look at in the gallery but they are on page 6 of the letter R which will take about 5 minutes to get to coz of my dodgy internet connection.
resolution: Add a field at the top so that you can directly enter a username.

better now?

Also,
If you know the username you can alter the address
www.rswarrior.com/members/memberdetails.asp?handle=XXXX
just replace the X's with the username you are looking for.

I will think about adding a text search box.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
and you can go to the members link at the top of the page, enter in their name in the search box and click on thier name and look at their gallery that way

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carknee, took me a while to spot the little combo box at the top: that helps. I have done the address bar change before but its a little too technical for me /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Audio, I was doing that as you said but when you do the member search it seems to only give you a link to the users profile not their gallery: am I being a total idiot and missing an obvious link? .... ah, ooops, I hadn't noticed I could click on the little bike icon in the profile .... sorry just being a dumbass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts