RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have researched it, and read up on it (Thank You Redhorse) and I am going to do the DIY Fender eliminator Sunday.

Is there anything I should watch for? It seems super basic and easy enough but everytime I think that I end up in a mess trying to pull something together. Will I need to buy replacement anythings before I start? It all just bolts right bacon (back on, lol, had to leave the BACON typo in there)on right?

I am just checking...I just want it to go simply and smoothly...

I will take pics.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pep said:
It's so easy "even a cameman an do it!"

You working for Geico to pay for the MODS??

Bike is lookin sick man, that pipe is something else.

Great work!

Thanks for the head up though, I dont know if I am caveman material. lol

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. Making a few more changes over the winter. New color and some other things.

As far as the fender eliminator is concerned, "you can do it!"

·
Registered
670 Posts
The only downside to this procedure is that the plate is still mounted to a piece of plastic. I chose to go with the yamaha fender eliminator because it's steel and doesn't vibrate like crazy when the bike is running.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Scoper...

and I noticed that as well.

My thoughts are that I might as well get as much out of that piece of plastic as I can. Mod, ride it till it breaks, then get the now one.

If it never breaks/has problems...I save $50.

plus, its lighter. Lighter = faster. lol

See that, always thinkin....lol

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I did the Redhorse rear fender mod about three years and 18,000 miles ago and still going strong. As the other guys have said it's a piece of cake to do.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright....

Done and Done...

Here are the pics.

Just add a license plate and its done.

Simple enough, I think it too me 45 minutes and I was slacking.

Bit of advice, when your cutting the light out, cut from the back...I read everything about it on the site and I dont think anyone said anything about that. Sure was easy going at it from the back side.(I swear I said that some where else.)lol

PEESOWT!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Scoper50 said:
The only downside to this procedure is that the plate is still mounted to a piece of plastic. I chose to go with the yamaha fender eliminator because it's steel and doesn't vibrate like crazy when the bike is running.

Your kidding right? How much do you want to bet that your plate will be cracked by July?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts