RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me acknowledge that I don't order a lot of items. In fact it's usually a part here and a part there. But when I do order something I first call to check stock and to verify when it will ship. I then order online and await the part. I have a ride on Thursday and needed a bracket to secure a seat I purchsed same day on ebay. The seat will be here today. Let me add this is the only seat that will fit my bike in it's current state.

I called MSSS on Monday to verify a part was in stock, which it was. I asked if I order it online would it ship yet today and they said yes., so I did. I called yesterday to get a tracking number. Last night I was checking the tracking and it wasn't anywhere to be found inthe UPS system. I just assumed that I took the tracking number down wrong so I went to their website to check my order status only to find they've quit updating shipping info, so I left them a message asking that they verify it shipped on Monday.

This morning I got on my laptop and typed in the tracking number again to find it in the system. Much to my disappointment it shipped yesterday (Tuesday) instead of Monday. I wouldn't normally bring this up and I didn't the last time it happened, but it's the second time so in my case it's becoming more the norm rather than the exception. The new parts manager can't beblamed because this happened once before and he wasn't there.

As I said before, I don't order a lot and this part was probably at the bottom of their list because the total was about $36.00 with shipping. IfI'm orderingan accessory or add-on, no big deal, butwhen it comes to parts that either enable or disable my bike it's quite a different story.

If this happens to be a UPS issue then they will not lose my business and I will update in this post to correct the issue.

I'm not mad, just extremely disappointed. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Re: Disappointment with Motorsports Superstore

Your beef might actually be with UPS itself depending on the time they make their pick up. If they pick up say at 2 by the time that truck makes it back to the hub and the package is scanned, routed to a truck, loaded and waiting for a driver the next morning throws the whole "out the door same day", out the window.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You know youmake a good point, but if MSSS has had a problem it would be nice to know that up front instead of them assuming it would make it here.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts

It's to bad they told you it would ship that day. It normally takes a week for me to get parts. I avoid disappointment by not setting my expectations that high. If I need something right now I make other arrangements.

"Shipped" to the guy that answered the phone means he put it in the system and received a tracking number/shipping label. He then carried it to wherever the UPS guy picks things up. Shipped. By his definition it shipped right when he said it would. It gets on my nerves that they don't update the online system. I order my stuff there and would like to be able to check the status there as well.

To most of us it means the guy in the brown shirt picked it up and put it on his truck.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts

I got my lower cowl from them, no problems at all. Of course I wasn't watching the calander either.

You probably should have left yourself more of a time "cushion" between ording the part and needing the part too.

If you rely on others to meet your schedule, you will usually be disapointed.

Now if you paid extra for 1 or 2 day shipping guarentee, then you are totally right to be upset and need a refund.

I know how it is to get excited about a new mod, and have to rely on others to see it through, it is frustrating. I hope you get it so you can ride soon!

·
Registered
406 Posts

That's too bad. If the part shows up on Thursday, would you have enough time to install it?

You'd think the part should be in your town by tomorrow morning. It's really too bad UPS doesn't have an option for you to pick up the package at their hub first thing in the morning (instead of waiting for the delivery guy to make it to your house).

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts

I don't know what's happening with them? . . I have had a customer service issue with them in the past, but decided to give them another try, but on the 21st of Feb I emailed them with a shipping enquiry for $160.00 worth of parts and they never even bothered to reply! . . They obviously don't need the business!

I've grown to almost "expect" this kind of thing lately with suppliers, but in this case It's most surprising considering they are our site sponsor!

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Well my issue is with UPS and not MSSS. UPS picks up late and sometimes the items don't get logged into theirsystem until the next day. As far as allowing myself more time, this was a spur of the moment decision when the ride came up. Without the seat that came today and that bracket I wouldn't be able to participate.

So MSSS you have my sincerest apology. I will continue to order my parts from you and recommend you to others.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

tapeworm said:
Good to see you got it figured out Duke. I just received my front tire from them and they were pretty quick.

You purchased your Dunlop Elite III front from MSSS? How was the price?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

Pep said:
Well my issue is with UPS and not MSSS. UPS picks up late and sometimes the items don't get logged into theirsystem until the next day.

That's the kind of thing a vendor would normally know and have mentioned but whenever I'm cutting it anywhere near that close I just pay to upgrade the delivery time. I've basically come to the conclusion that all of them are just going to lie to you thinking that somehow you'll fall for it being someone else's fault later so I take appropriate measures to offset that whenever possible.Responses like youroverly apologetic post, in my opinion, are the reason they continue to think BSing us works enough to keep trying it quite honestly. I've been in their exact position and I always made it a point to set the customer's expectations realistically even if it would cost me thousands or even tens of thousands rather then risking my reputation. Online commerce makes it too easy to hide behind automated systems, shipping "mishaps", email replies, phone tag, customer service reps, and every other form of excuse not to provide proper care to thecustomers providing the paycheck.

Whenever possible I also check to see if it can be delivered by anyone BUT UPS now. I can no longer count the number of times they've completely hosed my deliveries. One of the latest gems was them leaving a nice new guitar I ordered out in an exterior passage hallway near some stairs while it was raining simply because they couldn't be bothered to turn the corner and see the number on my actual front door. It didn't get wet but obviously if you cared at all about your customers then it seems common sense would tell you humidity might not be the best thing for a wooden instrument and maybe you can "push" yourself to make it7 more feet so they don't have to find it later that night after the delivery system showed it's status as "delivered" but with no signature.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts

I ordered two Race DOT tires from them for my R1 and the original date of delivery was 2-16-09. On the 15th I checked the tracking number and UPS had a day long closer due to a break down at a hub. I ended up getting them 2 days later. Not the venders fault sometimes sh1t happens. Hopefully your part will get there in time.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts

Pep said:
Well my issue is with UPS and not MSSS. UPS picks up late and sometimes the items don't get logged into theirsystem until the next day. As far as allowing myself more time, this was a spur of the moment decision when the ride came up. Without the seat that came today and that bracket I wouldn't be able to participate.

So MSSS you have my sincerest apology. I will continue to order my parts from you and recommend you to others.
Look, when MSSS generates a shipping label, they generated a tracking number too. Doesn't mean UPS has picked it up yet. I have "shipped" things off my home PC on Saturday before. UPS won't get it until Monday. If you ever see a tracking entry "Billing Information Received" then that means the shipper has printed your shipping label. The label has your address, the weight of the pkg etc. Nothing more. Maybe they generated the label so they can give you a tracking number in their order system. Doesn't mean UPS has picked it up yet. Doesn't mean they've even packed a box with your stuff either.

Scheduled Late pickups from the shipper (MSSS) will still get processed THAT DAY. The larger cities like Nashville, Knoxville, Alanta pick up from some large shippers as late as midnight or 1:00 AM and still have the same service commitments as the pkgs that were picked up at other customers earlier that day. That's not the case in every location because some of the smaller UPS locations don't have operations running around the clock.

There are situations too when the shippers (MSSS) get the shipments ready after a pick up cutoff time. If this is the case then the pkgs won't move until the next day. In those cases we (UPS) would not allow the driver to wait for the late processed pkgs and possibly miss service on the other pkgs he has already picked up earlier in the day.

Does UPS make mistakes YES. Marco has certainly had more than his share of bad experiences with UPS. As have other people on this site. Sorry you had an issue with my company. We do real good on 13 - 14 million packages every day. We do screw up sometimes. AND as always, this is the case - that package is important to someone. Apologies again.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

That's greatto see someone withenough pride intheir job to offer an apology on behalf oftheir company but I, for one, certainly don't feel you owe one (to me anyway). I would no more blame you for the continuing mistakes of my local UPS drivers and supervisors then I would the UPS guy back home that I dealt with for about a decade (Dave). Twice a day we saw him (occassionally three) and I only recall one single issue that was a real problem that he could have handled better to avoid it. I think a guy who has one bad day out of several thousand is doing pretty **** well but everyone's different. Shlthappensfor sure. Unfortunately I've had to learn that it is very likely with my current UPS guys so I have to either avoid them altogether ortake every precautionwhen I do get stuck with UPS.

I think most people have used UPS software and know how the tracking and processing of UPS shipments goes already though and I still think that if a vendor tells you something will make it out on a certain day they should know to take all that into consideration and provide accurate info. It's pretty much common sense that if someone asks "will it ship out today?" they aren't asking "are you going to enter it in today?" even though obviously that's the first step to getting your tracking number and labels printed.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts

Let me add one other thing that happens with UPS. The shipper creates the label and ships the item as planned. UPS picks up and takes it back to the processing center. For whatever reason, the package label doesn't get scanned and "shows up" the following evening in the system. I know this happens because before I was downsized, we would ship 1100-1400 orders a day on 1 truck (unless red label). Never failed, we would get a call from a sales person inquiring why a customer hadn't gotten their order because it only shows "billing inquire only". Also, take into consideration, that a lot of companies have reduced their staffing and are doing the best that they can with the people that are left. Just be glad that it wasn't on backorder from Yamaha and you should get in in 3-4 months if you are lucky.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

Marco Polo said:
I've been in their exact position and I always
made it a point to set the customer's expectations realistically even
if it would cost me thousands or even tens of thousands rather then
risking my reputation.

WarriorDog said:
Sorry you had an issue with my company. We do real good on 13 - 14 million packages every day. We do screw up sometimes. AND as always, this is the case - that package is important to someone. Apologies again.

Nice to see people taking pride in their work. It's always a good feeling to do business with someone who actually gives a rat's a** about their customer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts