RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I was thinking. My dad has a used car dealership whith the dealer license for motorcycles (although he does not sell them). I was thinking for me to get parts at cost would be great so I was thinking about trying to get a parts unlimitted dealership. I do not know what it would take but I know I would not buy enough to keep them with me. However if others are interested since it is not my living I might try to work a deal out, you know a couple bucks for time and what ever the shipping is. that way we might all bennifit but I don't want to do it for a living and have all my time in it. So if a few people are interested let me know I will look into it. I do not know if they have quantity break down of if they will drop ship. You know I could set up a pay pal or something and then just have it sent from them to you and not touch it.
Just something I was throwing around, also if anyone is close b/c the way I work maybe they could help out some.
May be dumb just thinking out loud you know. Every time I walk into a dealer he shows me the book and says thats the price.[?]

·
Registered
872 Posts
It is a good idea. I think most parts companies will only ship to the business address so that might be an issue. If I were close I would gladly help.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called them they said I needed to be a majority Power sports dealer. No problem I can lie but I would need to make a stock order.
They do offer this, there are 3 places that wholesale to business that only need a few parts.
Wisconson 800-752-2556
NC 800-438-7921
Iowa 800-848-0609
You need to fill out a form(they are sending it to me) and you can buy at (the one I talked to) 20% over cost. I do not know the mark up yet but I am going to find out. This could work for me but I was thinking someone you know has to have a business, try to get it done near you.
I do not know how long it will take to find out pricing but as soon as I do I will pass it on if you guys wish.
What would be great was if a bunch of us needed or wanted something at the same time then we could make that our stocking order but the chanches are slim.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I can get 15%-20% off retail right now going through Rivaeric and he is legit! 15%-20% from A1 SportCenter! There are quite a few dealer's already giving great discounts, all one has to do is search around for the best dealer or supplier.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
When I was in the moto business 10 years ago, Parts Unlimited required a photo of your store front to process an application. I don't know if that's still true, but they do try to protect their established dealers.

TJ

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Around here the dealer hands you the book says find what you want the price is listed. To me that just sucks, I had a Polaris dealership so I had a PU acount before, I don't remember what I had to do but no big deal I was just as said talking out loud.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Daimon,

if you are still thinking about getting an order together, let me know. i am looking into getting pipes so if you are able to get it all set up, let me know. thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts