RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carknee,
Is there an option that would allow only un-read messages to show up in a given thread? If not, can you pass on the suggestion to the forum software people.

When you see a pink folder, you know there is a new message but then you have to scroll through them all to see the new ones. It can get too time consuming with long threads ...

Thanks;

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Geestar,
I inquired about this and it was determined that it would be to much of a burden of a burden on the database and server to maintain a table that tracked each post that was viewed by each user. IT would end up being way to many queries and insert statements to the DB.

What I end up doing is clicking on the Blue arrow where it lists the topic of the thread. This will (should) take you to the last post made. I then work backwards.

I say "should" because if the thread is many pages it does not work. I believe this is because the web host does not have the latest MDAC installed.

CarKnee

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
GeeStar,
I have done a little something with this...

It is a Cookie based solution where it will put a little "Unread" next to the icons above each post. It will put this there if the post was made after you last looked at a topic.

If you look at the topic at home, and then at work it will not be able to track it, since it is cookie based.

What do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts