RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you know some of you pitched in and donated money so I could purchase a new battery for my bike. I searched and settled on a YUASA from Chaparral motorsports I used their search function adding in my make model and year. and every time I do so It pulls up the battery I purchased as fitting, the problem is is does not fit the warrior. I did not notice until after I filled and charged it, and the will not do a reaturn, and they say that I am wrong about their sight saying it fits But I have a picture of their page showing the warrior and the exact battery I purchased.And in doing more research the YUASA battery that fits our bike is not even listed for sale by them, I guess what I'm saying is be Leary of ChaparellMotorsports. their search function is incorrect.

·
Administrator
28,418 Posts
I know you know and I don't mean anything by suggesting, but if it were me, at this point I would re-phone them and ask for the store manager, walk that person thru the website to the (probably roadstar) battery explaining its a totally different bike. Let them know you have now looked-up the original battery and you are not an expert and you trusted them to be right, but they have a mistake on their website.

In case helpful, the Original (on my 2003) was Yuasa GT14B-4-GS battery which fits all years. There can be number variations over the years that fit, I am not up-to-date on that BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Hope that works!

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
Definitely run up the ladder to someone who can make a difference specially since it documented on their website. Keep us posted as we need you back on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because of the covid it is nearly impossible to get in contact by phone, I have had several email responses, and I explained how I searched for the battery using their search functions, I was told that they did the same search and confermed the battery to be another YUASA battery,and that essentially I improperly searched and chose the wrong part. The battery that they say is the right one never shows up when I do a search, and is not evern the Battery that YUASA recommends for our bike. They have also stopped responding to my emails. So I ended up going to a bike shop and finding the right YUASA to the tune of $160

·
Administrator
28,418 Posts
Ouch. So sorry this happened. I should have posted the correct part number from records here or a web search or out of the manual for you. I had all those chouces as opportunities and I didn't do it. That would have helped you to get the right battery up-front plus even find replacement batteries in a bunch of brands. Sorry brother.

Did your bike like the new go-juice?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just another example where customer service is a dying breed. How simple would have been for them to check their site and confirmed what Jim had said. “ yes Mr Duncan we can see how the confusion has happened. So bring the battery back and we will issue you the right one “ “ we will also get our web guru to fix up that area that’s at fault so this doesn’t happen again” How far king simple is that. They could then put the “wrong” battery back into stock. It is so simple and easy, but they can make more money out of the original battery. “ Batteries matter “

·
Administrator
28,418 Posts
I did not know in advance Jim bought from Chaparral Motorsports, but I have bought from them many times with excellent results. Just from history of all the vendors out there I know how important it is to keep my eyes open for the assumption on their part that R* is same as R*W which WE HERE know its not the same. But sometimes when tired I make a mistake lol oh well.

Hey Jim thanks for checking with them and for your candor no worries got your back a bit brother hope you are feeling better these days and btw we get to pick on you for this a little so get ready!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just another example where customer service is a dying breed. How simple would have been for them to check their site and confirmed what Jim had said. “ yes Mr Duncan we can see how the confusion has happened. So bring the battery back and we will issue you the right one “ “ we will also get our web guru to fix up that area that’s at fault so this doesn’t happen again” How far king simple is that. They could then put the “wrong” battery back into stock. It is so simple and easy, but they can make more money out of the original battery. “ Batteries matter “
Ok I it wouldn't be the first time I've been picked on.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not know in advance Jim bought from Chaparral Motorsports, but I have bought from them many times with excellent results. Just from history of all the vendors out there I know how important it is to keep my eyes open for the assumption on their part that R* is same as R*W which WE HERE know its not the same. But sometimes when tired I make a mistake lol oh well.

Hey Jim thanks for checking with them and for your candor no worries got your back a bit brother hope you are feeling better these days and btw we get to pick on you for this a little so get ready!
oK WOULDN
OK WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE PICKED ON ME,

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Ok I it wouldn't be the first time I've been picked on.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Yuuuupppppp.
CHAPARRAL MOTOR SPORTS WEB BUYING $UCKS....

I BOUGHT A FRONT TIRE FORM THEM A FEW YEARS AGO ONLINE, AND EVEN SPOKE TO SOMEONE ABOUT IT , AND THEY CONFIRMED THE TIRE I WANTED AND WAS ORDERING WAS IN STOCK..
SO WENT AHEAD AND PLACED THE ORDER .... WHAT I GET WRONG TIRE
WRONG SIZE.... CALL THERE STORE AND SPOKE TO THERE ONLINE DEPARTMENT
WHICH WHERE VERY ARGUMENTATIVE WITH ME.. SO I SAID SCREW IT , AND DROVE THERE ... GOT THERE SPOKE TO THERE PARTS MANAGER N NO REAL HELP SPOKE TO SOMEONE IN TIRE DEPARTMENT, AND GUESS WHAT THE TIRE I WANTED WAS ON THE TIRE RACK.
TIRE DEPARTMENT EVEN SAID THAT THERE ONLINE PERSONNEL DOESN'T KNOW OR HAVE A [email protected] CLUE ABOUT PARTS OR MOTORCYCLE'S...

SECOND TIME ..

MY BATTERY TOOK A [email protected] , and I DROVE THERE ..

KEEP IN MIND ITS NOT JUST AROUND THE CORNER.. ITS EZ OVER 100 MILES ROUND TRIP....

SO I GET THERE GO TO PARTS COUNTER GET IN LINE MY TURN IS UP.

I ASK FOR A BATTERY FOR MY WARRIOR
AND KEEP IN MIND IVE GOTTEN STUFF FROM THEM SO MY MOTORCYCLE N MY INFO IS IN THERE COMPUTER...

AND I ASK THEM TO PLZ MAKE SURE THE BATTERY WAS THE CORRECT ONE THEY ASSURED ME THAT IT WAS THE CORRECT
ONE..

AND I STATED THAT I WAS DRIVING FROM A DISTANCE AND THE GUY SAID DONT WORRY...AND GUESS WHAT THE H3LL HAPPENED WHEM I GOT HOME
BATTERY DIDN'T [email protected] fit I CALLED NOTHING.. SO I DRIVE BACK UP THERE AND GET SOME ATTITUDE ABOUT IT THEY MADE IT SEEM LIKE I GAVE WROMG INFORMATION...AND GUESS WHT THE BATTERY I NEEDED WAS ON THERE SHELVES... WHAT DID THEY DO FOR ME
10 PERCENT DISCOUNT THAT DIDN'T EVEN COVER A FRACTION OF MY GAS..

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts