RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was sifting through the garage trying to find things to tinker with and came upon some little stunt pegs from my old bicycle. I think it would look kinda cool to put them where the brake and shifter pegs are. Does anyone know how to take out that pin or if its possible? If not i might have to shave down the rubber and just ram it on there.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Are you talking about the PEG that is on the Brake lever and the shifter? (Stock?)

If you are, I found out .... (when my bike fell a couple of months ago) that the brake lever PEG is just a Rivet type attachement... since mine broke off...

I would assume you could just drill the rivet head and just pull the peg right out....

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
siradude said:
Are you talking about the PEG that is on the Brake lever and the shifter? (Stock?)

If you are, I found out .... (when my bike fell a couple of months ago) that the brake lever PEG is just a Rivet type attachement... since mine broke off...

I would assume you could just drill the rivet head and just pull the peg right out....
+1 ....
..... It'sa steel pin that isriveted. It isflattened out in the countersunk hole of the aluminum bracket. I would center punch the flat end and progressively increase the drill size to remove the pin.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good ideas but for the sake of ease i think i might just shave the rubber down a bit and put some sort of "glue" on the inside of the stunt peg and shove it over the rubber.It would save alot of time instead of drilling and removing and sizing up another bold and threading it.. plus i think it might provide the soundest fit because the rubber would absorb vibration instead of the new makeshift attachments and if i just put a new bolt in there it wouldnt fill up the entire peg and over time i fear that the threads would start bending and warping from the pressure of my bitchin biker boots.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unless anyone thinks that there could be a fatal flaw in that method. Im definatly not going to say im the most Fab/mech savy but im a pretty **** good amature.

·
Super Moderator
5,776 Posts
They drill out very easy. The rivet is about 3/16 to 1/4 in diam. Drill slow and every now and then pull on the rubber peg. When it gets thin enough it will pull right out leaving that 3/16 or 1/4 in. hole. I made my own pegs,and threaded them with a 6mm cap head screw that came from a part i took off during modding. You might can see them in my gallery pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts