RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have played a bit and come up with a design for an equal length exhaust pipe. The picture is basic, but the idea is there.

1.5 inch pipes from the exhaust ports to the merge collector. The pipe will flare to 4 inches at the main section. I will cut the back of the 4" diameter section so that it only protrudes 3 inches. My big shots stick out (sideways) 2.5 inches, so I don't think 3 inches will be too much.

The pipe will be above the frame line just like the big shots and the end will be slash cut to the side. The 1.5 inch pipes might get wrapped with the heat tape and the rest will be black. It will extend 7 inches past the frame upright (where the swingarm connects).

I like the 'illusion' of 3 pipes up at the heads.

As always, I like to get input from the 'gang' .......

What say ye.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Looks like a question mark. I like the concept. They are creative and original.

I would try to bend the pipes so they did not go straight down.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mr Noize.....I am trying to get the most power I can and I know that equal length is better than unequal, wonder how much power it will really get me. I know I will see an improvement with a 2-1 pipe rather than the 2-2 big shot (even with the power chamber)

I also wanted to see if it would look okay with the front pipe going across the heads instead of running down the front.

I will get with a guy next week that makes headers and see what it might cost to get made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts