RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I'm not the greatest at explaining things and didn't think to take pics as I did this earlier this summer. Also this will be done by memory. Sorry. But hopefully this might help someone.
This is VERY easy and depending on how many times you misplace your tools and beer only took me bout 35 min. I didn't even have to bleed the brakes.

I'm just sharing my method of this mod. No way am I saying this is THEE way to do this and am not responsible if you do this mod and something goes wrong. REMEMBER BRAKE FLUID DAMAGES PAINT!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the final product:

Step 1: Remove the large muffler bracket that holds the reservoir.

Step 2: Remove the rubber brake line from the reservoir (have a clean container to drain the small amount of fluid from reservoir). I suggest holding the reservoir as high
up as you can when you do this to avoid loosing fluid out of the brake line itself. Tie off brake line somewhere high (so it stays upright).

Step 3: Remove the small bracket that wraps around the reservoir. You should now have a bare reservoir.

Step 4: Shave off the tab that the bolt runs through to hold the reservoir to the bracket. This will be just above where the line connects to the reservoir. I just used my trusty
Dremel to do so.

Step 5: Take off your seat and clear a spot for the reservoir in the rear right corner of the plastic box that contains everything under the seat. Sorry for the lack of
terminology. This will be a very tight squeeze. You might have to disconnect a couple things and move them to the side.

Step 6: Test fit the reservoir, mark and cut where you need a notch in the side of the plastic box for the rubber brake line to connect to the reservoir.

Step 7: Run the rubber brake line up and through the notch you just made and reconnect to the reservoir.

Step 8: Very slowly refill the reservoir to allow the little bit of air in the top of the line to escape. When finished filling, tighten cap and stuff the reservoir into place.

Step 9: Grab a beer, step back and enjoy.

Again sorry if this is half ass. It's been a while since doing the mod, but hopefully it'll help ya out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
blank_page

Having completed the same modon Evaa couple of months ago,
and recently on Shawnzilla's Candy, good job on the How To!

Notes:
I didn't bother to drain the reservoir. Just
disconnect it from the hose upside down.
I didn't see the need to cut off the
tab. I just squeezed the reservoir down into the corner, and it fit fine.
Everything is still connected and clipped as it was. I check periodically to
make sure there is no wear on the wires from vibration.
To be extra careful,
line the edge of the notch with foam or a piece of slit vacuum hose to prevent
the brake line from getting cut over time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
EDIT ISN'T WORKING

It's amazing how much cleaner the bike looks with the reservoir out of the way. The hidden caliper mod would make it even cleaner!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey I like these directions a whole lot better than the "professional kind" Thanks I'm going to do my move either tonight or tomorrow dependant upon if I can make it happen without any tools here at the house.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm going to be so glad to get rid of that ugly bracket i'm doing it tomorrow
My buddy has a relocated bracket on his warrior but it's under his pipes
and not accesable unless he takes off the pipe!
He's gonna be pissed when he sees this

Thanks a ton

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
i also was worried about wearing on the line and the res. probably really nothing to worry about, but... so i just put a bolt in the end of the line and tucked it up by the plastic box. seems to work fine. you just can't check your fluid. but, unless you have a leak, it should be fine. one of these days, i'm gonnaHAVE to get a digital camera ! !

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Look at the pics again. If he can take a pic of the side of the reservoir then you can check the fluid level. Be sure to put something on the edge of the notch that was cut out for the hose. You don't want to wear a hole in the hose. If you don't have room for the stock reservoir there are a couple of alternatives that folks have done. One is to get a reservoir from an ATV. They are only maybe 1/2 the size. Others have just capped off the hose and run it up there with no reservoir. There is more than enough fluid in the hose. You just have to check for leaks now n then.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Good info man! Especially for cats like me, that are not that mechanically inclined. I think i'll try this tonight, oh yeah, whats the best way to get that ugly sticker off the swingarm?

·
Registered
130 Posts
the BEST way to remove that ugly sticker is to go ahead and get a 240 rear swingarm. remove stock swingarm and replace. or you could get some goo gone(or similar product) soak a rag with it and apply to the offending sticker. hold it there until you can easily lift the edge of the sticker, pull and repeat as needed.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I just went out and looked at mine, there is one thing we failed to mention. Just below the two bolt holes for the reservoir bracket is a small bolt, 8mm head size, facing the rear. Pull that bolt. It holds a bracket that keeps the brake hose out of harms way. Byremoving this bracket you will get more free play in the hose. That makes it much easier to get the hose clamp back on. Then, once everyting is in place put the hose bracket back on. Be sure to use a bit of locktite.

For the sticker, use a heat gun or blow dryer to heat it up good. It will pull right off, quick and easy. Then go over the spot with the GooGone to take off any adhesive that's left.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
that's what i was saying, i don't have the res on . just a bolt in the line. i like the idea of a smaller res though. gonna check that out. it'd be helpful when bleeding the line. which, i suppose a guy should do every coupla years.

·
Registered
65 Posts
goo be gone is what I used. Worked fine

·
Vendor
943 Posts
I did that mod a few years back also. Only cutting I did was to the plastic battery box. Never had to drain or disconnect anything. I did have the fender off when I did it so that probably helped. Have had no problems so far.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice man, Great job mine will be done this weekend. Gotta love the free ones.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts